[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just saw Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit and really liked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Moribito_anime.jpg (111KB, 500x596px) Image search: [Google]
Moribito_anime.jpg
111KB, 500x596px
So I just saw Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit and really liked it. Anyone have any other shows like it? Shows that are more about characters than boobs or blood?
>>
>>286567

There are a lot of shows like that though. Also, do you mean shows in general or just anime?

Check out Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. Same director worked on it and Motoko is basically Balsa. I'd recommend watching the original movie Ghost in the Shell first, but it's fine if you don't want to.

Ping Pong (This one: https://myanimelist.net/anime/22135/ )
Cowboy Bebop
Rakugo ( https://myanimelist.net/anime/28735/ )
San-gatsu no Lion (This one isn't finished, Shaft is starting a second season in October)

Hopefully you like one of these.
>>
>>286575

Yeah I MOSTLY mean anime. And love Bebop. I'm mostly looking for character centric anime that is not too annoying in the way anime can be and has an ending.
>>
>>286578

I forgot to mention Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Although I feel like you've probably watched it if you've seen Bebop.

Fune wo Amu
Patlabor (Start with the 7-episode OVA and then watch the first two movies)

Trying to list anime that don't have boobs or blood, well-developed characters, not "too" anime, and have an ending is difficult, so here are some other good ones that are close enough:

Hibike Euphonium (Not finished)
Steins;Gate
Hunter x Hunter (2011) (Not finished)
Psycho-Pass
Baccano (Not finished)
Tatami Galaxy
Perfect Blue
Evangelion (Original TV series and End of Evangelion)
Katanagatari
Maid Dragon (Not finished) (This is the biggest offender of what you don't want, but it's one of my favorites in a while and the characters are lovely, so I have to shill it)

The shows that are not finished still end in decent places besides maybe Baccano. Haven't watched that in a while, but I remember the sort of epilogue content being unsatisfying, despite the main show being fantastic.
>>
>>286587

How is Steins;Gate? I've heard its good.

Baccano is done right? I mean I have the DVDs and the ending seems to be an ending. ish
>>
>>286597

Steins;Gate is my favorite show of all time, so I'm a bit biased, but I think you'll enjoy the characters. Hopefully, anyway. It might be a bit "too" anime at times and there are a few unnecessary fanservice scenes, but nothing gets too bad.

By "unfinished", I mean that it doesn't adapt the entire story, whether it be a manga, light novel, or visual novel. In Baccano's case, there are still many light novels that haven't been adapted. Fans have been begging for a second season since the anime ended.

Hunter x Hunter (2011), for example adapts pretty much the whole manga, but there's still a bit more new material and the manga itself isn't finished. I think Euphonium only adapts the first two LNs.
>>
>>286601

Huh thanks. I'll check them out.
>>
>>286567
Have you seen Kemono no Souja Erin. It's based on a book by the same author and goes a bit further with the plot and really explores, developes the characters and pushes the relationships between them. Also, made by the same studio.

It has a bit of elements that can be annoying, I specifically mean two dumb comic relief characters who were probably added to attract a younger audience but the story in general is mature.
>>
>>286661

I've not. This MIGHT make me seem horrible but does it have an english dub? Or is it just subbed?
>>
File: 413809134.png (551KB, 1022x1094px) Image search: [Google]
413809134.png
551KB, 1022x1094px
>>286567
The Aquarion trilogy
>>
>>286744
Can't you fucking rec anything besides Aquarion?
Can we please silence this guy? He's never helping anyone.
>>
>>286753
just ignore him, there was this other guy who only recommended kill la kill on every thread and he got tired after a few months
>>
>>286753
>/y/ning this hard
>>
>>286753
Filter his image's hash and you'll stop seeing his posts.
>>
>>286753
He does this a lot?
>>
>>287151
Yes. Every fucking anime rec post on here.
>>
>>286758
I still don't get what this means
>>
>>286694
It doesn't make you seem horrible. I think there are some dubs that are actually better than the subs like Black Lagoon or Beck. Though I think you will come to realize soon that the english anime voice dubbing scene has several problems. It's basically two studios that do it, so you hear the same voices all the time, plus while the main cast might sound good the side cast will be usually pretty poor. This is even the case with known dubs like Bebop or Baccano.

On the topic if Erin has a dub, no it doesn't. Also, you can check stuff like that on Myanimelist, which might be useful for you.
>>
Black Jack OVA
Durarara!!
Eden of the East
Key the Metal Idol
You're Under Arrest!
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.