[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I got a USB flash drive about a month back. It was a bargain,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 71qAmSlS-dL._SL1500_.jpg (147KB, 1109x1500px) Image search: [Google]
71qAmSlS-dL._SL1500_.jpg
147KB, 1109x1500px
So I got a USB flash drive about a month back. It was a bargain, at only 27 bucks. Not because it was cheap but because it was on sale.

The thing worked like a charm at first, My mom needed to move her files to her new computer since the charging port broke off and we needed to move her files before the old piece of shit ran out of batteries.

I tried to be careful with it. Safely ejecting and all that jazz. I used it to store large files like movies and TV shows.

But then somehow the thing got a little bit fucked and would automatically unplug by itself whenever I moved it around a little. This wasn't a problem at first as I was mostly hooking it up to my huge ass flatscreen to watch my shows. But I still used it on my computer more often then not and that lead to the thing ejecting by itself. Which was frustrating at first but nothing was really wrong.

But suddenly, everything happened at once. One day I plugged it in and when I tried to access certain folders it would just automatically eject itself. When I was watching videos it would always freeze up at a specific time. I thought it was a problem with the files themselves at first but I realized all too late it was a problem with the drive. And by the time I realized this I couldn't do anything about it. I just had to desperately try and recover anything I could before it died. But the connection issue was so bad at this point I would hear the "Device Inserted" sound effect and the "Device Removed" sound effect constantly and explorer windows were constantly opening and shutting.

I got nearly nothing out but a couple of empty folders before it said "You have to format this drive before you can use it".

So I'm pretty sure it's pretty much entirely corrupted but I've heard you can recover files from these things after they become corrupted. Probably a scam but even if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to do anything because of how bad the connection is.

cont.
>>
>>283598
So my question is if I sent this thing in to get repaired and they fixed it would they be able to recover my files? And if so would I get in trouble for the gratuitous amount of pirated movies and TV shows I have on there?

I didn't have anything else questionable on that thing. I literally use this thing over at friends houses all the time so I have nothing to hide.
>>
>>283598
Your USB connector has fallen off.

If you want your data back, you could get a USB cable, strip it, and solder it directly to the board.
>>
>>283601
If you send it in under warranty they won't repair it or even look at it; they'll toss it in the trash and send you another one.
>>
>>283606
Went to the support site. I got an e-mail with a form I can fill out. It says they'll test it before they send a new one. But I'm not exactly worried so I feel the easier solution would be to send it in. Thanks.
>>
File: 109148194109248290.png (5KB, 547x80px) Image search: [Google]
109148194109248290.png
5KB, 547x80px
>>283623
Still the fact that the link in the e-mail saying "click here to see more detailed RMA terms and conditions" leading to nothing isn't exactly comforting.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.