[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Requesting that you rate every Ghibli movie you've seen.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (100KB, 1829x1028px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100KB, 1829x1028px
Requesting that you rate every Ghibli movie you've seen.

Use whatever rating sustem you like I don't care.
>>
File: 8VEa46g.jpg (33KB, 400x272px) Image search: [Google]
8VEa46g.jpg
33KB, 400x272px
Howl no Ugoku Shiro - 8/10
Kaze Tachinu - 7/10
Kurenai no Buta - 9/10
Mononoke Hime - 10/10
Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi - 10/10
Tonari no Totoro - 7/10
>>
Loved:

Only Yesterday
Castle in the Sky
Whisper of the Heart
Princess Mononoke

Liked:

My Neighbour Totoro
From Up on Poppy Hill
Porco Rosso
The Wind Rises
The Secret World of Arrietty
Kiki's Delivery Service

Meh:

The Cat Returns
The Ocean Waves
>>
>>28262
Loved

Princess Mononoke
Nausicaa
Kiki's Delivery Service

Liked

My Neighbour Totoro
spirited away
howls moving castle
Castle in the Sky

Meh

>>
Nausicaa and Laputa count?
>>
>>28338
Yeah, sure.

Why wouldn't Laputa count though?
>>
File: xb4aDrj.jpg (144KB, 1920x1038px) Image search: [Google]
xb4aDrj.jpg
144KB, 1920x1038px
>>28262
Kiki's Delivery Service:
kiki's delivery service/kiki's delivery service
Spirited Away:
10/kiki's delivery service
Grave of the Fireflies
10/kiki's delivery service
Nausicaa:
9/kiki's delivery service
Princess Mononoke:
Whisper of the Heart:
The Wind Rises:
8/kiki's delivery service
Totoro:
Castle in the Sky:
Howl's Moving Castle:
7/kiki's delivery service
The Cat Returns:
5/kiki's delivery service

>that scene in Nausicaa where she got shot through the ankle and gets pushed into the acid pool

>that scene in Spirited Away where she comes out of the tunnel at the end and looks back, puzzled, longingly

>that scene in Fireflies where she's chewing on pebbles

>that scene in Kiki where she gets the door shut in her face
>>
>>28262
Howls moving castle: 11 pepperoni out of 7 bongos.
Spirited away: 90 towels out of .8 Fritos
Porco rosso: 6 porks out of 6 rossos
Grave of the fireflies: eleventy seven monkeys out of 40 basketball.
Princess mononoke: 1 bee feeler
>>
>>28472
>1 bee feeler
jesus christ calm your nips. yeah mononoke was great but seriously 1 bee feeler???
>>
>>28509
1 bee feeler out of .00089 bussy
>>
Ponyo - 8
Howls moving castle - 9
Porco Rosso - 8
Nausicca of the Valley of the Wind - 9
Kiki's delivery service - 8
Princess Mononoke - 9
Spirited Away - 8
My neighbor Totoro - 8
>>
>>28262
>Princess Mononoke
9/10
Middle but is a bit too obscure, I had to suspend too much disbelief

>Spirited Away
10/10
Action, heartwarming, moral of the story is actually faorly interesting.
>>
File: 1304685390418.jpg (229KB, 1000x696px) Image search: [Google]
1304685390418.jpg
229KB, 1000x696px
>Grave of the fireflies

Never watching that masterpiece again... ever
>>
>>28262

1. Grave of the Fireflies:
I can't talk about this movie. English dub sucks ass though, be a Hipster for once and watch the sub.

2. Kiki's delivery service:
I could relate way too much to the depressive episodes of Kiki. The more uplifting her whole development is. Also movies where characters fly freely are the shit. It's just a childhood dream. Musical score was also one of my favourites.

3. Spirited Away:
Stellar musical score. Animation smooth as fuck. Absolutely fantastical in the best way, especially from a Western perspective. Loved the glimpse into Japanese understanding of nature and folklore.

4.Princess Mononoke:
I like tough pragmatic characters. The more amazing it was to have the antagonist portrayed with a rational motivation clashing with Monoke's gnarly fight for survival. It wasn't black and white which made me love it.

5. Porco Rosso:
There is this one scene where they are at the beach at night and we hear Porco Rosso's story. Downright magical. The fight scene was also hilarious and weirdly poignant all at the same time.

6. Howls moving castle:
Maybe because I grew up with many older people dear to me, I loved the message of being as old as you feel. I was just very fond of the protagonist who had internally already closed up to the world and had to learn what it means to be young. The sudden switch to magical war zones made the movie graver than it seems. Also that fucking dog cracked me up.

7.NausicaƤ of the Valley of the Wind:
The whole scenario is some of the sweetest post-apocalypse settings I have seen (a.k.a. scares the shit out of me). If you think this movie was cool, the manga blows it out of the water (would be my No. 1 on this list). The ending leaves you numb for hours. Get to it, friend.

8. Totoro: Maybe it has been too long since I last watched it but I don't remember much except for its being a broadly cute movie. Loved the little human touch when Totore enjoys the sound of rain on his umbrella.
>>
No mention of Pom Poko? Fucking casuals.
>>
>>28536
>10/10
fuck off. Nothing is 10/10. stop messing with all the ratings and making me watch watch underwhelming shit.
>>
>>28262
Grave of the Fireflies - 10/10 but I hate the feels
KiKi's Delivery Service - 6/10
Princess Mononoke - 10/10
Spirited Away - 9/10 I feel like some scenes were unnecessary
Howl's Moving Castle - 9/10
Ponyo - 4/10
>>
>>28597
Fuck you, I'm 10/10
>>
>>28593
Ponn Poko: watched it when I was shit-faced drunk. Liked the way they turned their testicles into things. Interesting that mimo wo... starts with their home having been bulldozed. (O_o)/10.
>>
>>28593
Also
>complains about no tanuki
>no mention of On Your Mark
>>
it's been a few years, please excuse any shoddy memories

Mononoke - brilliant, is in my top 25 movies of all time, awesome message, great world, great animation, cool characters

Spirited - good, visually stunning, felt quite light on plot and message (but i've only seen it once)

NausicaƤ - decent, neat world, a bit too simple and ham-fisted, ending felt rushed (and a certain someone shouldn't have survived), visually not on par with later movies
Cagliostro - decent, nostalgic to me, included because fuck rules

Howl - okay, cute characters, can't remember much else
Laputa - okay, liked the visuals and idea, can't remember much else

Fireflies - meh, the bits about war and japanese culture made it interesting to watch, didn't have the emotional impact on me it apparently had on others and often felt boring
>>
Mononoke Hime - 8/10
Kaguya-hime no Monogatari - 6/10
Tonari no Totoro - 7/10
Howl no Ugoku Shiro - 7/10
Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi - 8/10
>>
File: 1085889159862.jpg (45KB, 500x397px) Image search: [Google]
1085889159862.jpg
45KB, 500x397px
Loved:
Whisper of the Heart
Mononoke Hime
Nausicaa

Liked:
Laputa
Kiki's Delivery Service
Porco Rosso
Lupin - Castle of Cagliostro
Arrietty

Whatever:
Spirited Away
Howl's Moving Castle
Grave of the Fireflies

Children's:
Tonari no Totoro
The Cat Returns
Ponyo
Pom Poko

WTF:
My Neighbors the Yamadas
>>
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind -- Hey what the fuck. This isn't Ghibli. Why is this on my box set? 7/10
Castle in the Sky -- Hideki Anno, you stole Nadia. I'll fucking show you. 9/10 fucking good.
Grave of the Fireflies -- Overrated and overblown. A child dies. It's slow and boring. 5/10
My Neighbor Totoro -- I fucking loved this movie as a child but now it's boring. If you have kids it's a 10/10 and if you don't it's like a 3/10.
Kiki's Delivery Service -- When I first watched it, I didn't understand how good it was and would give it a 4/10. As an adult rewatching it, it's an easy 8.5/10.
Only Yesterday -- Do you like naked small girls? Rotten Tomatoes apparently does. 5/10 it's boring.
Porco Rosso -- Hilarious and charming. Feels like I'm watching Japanese Dreamworks except good. 7/10
Ocean Waves -- Made for TV movie. Not fair to hold its visuals to the same standard as the other movies. Boring but good. 6/10
Pom Poko -- The best Ferngully movie ever made. Really good for what it is. 7/10
Whisper of the Heart -- Overrated. 9/10
Princess Mononoke -- The actual best Fergully. 10/10
Spirited Away -- You want an academy award? 9/10
Tales from Earthsea -- As a fan of the books 0/10 fucking disney not even following the story at all what the fuck. - By itself 5/10 okay.
Ponyo -- Maybe if this came out when I was younger I'd like this more. 3/10
Arrietty -- Fuck, man. It's good. 7.5/10
From Up on Poppy Hill -- My favorite Ghibli film. 7/10
The Wind Rises -- My tears won't stop falling. 9/10
The Tale of Princess Kaguya -- The source story kinda sucks and Ghibli failed to save it. They did their best. 4/10.

ON YOUR MARK MUSIC VIDEO 3/10 why would you reuse animation in a 5 minute short?

My Neighbors the Yamadas -- NEVER SEEN IT. Is it good? I had no idea this was Ghibli
>>
>>29219
>Only Yesterday -- Do you like naked small girls? Rotten Tomatoes apparently does. 5/10 it's boring.

Opinion discarded.
>>
Ranked from best to worst, and also including pre-Ghibli movies by Miyazaki and Takahata

Kiki's Delivery Service
My Neighbor Totoro
Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro
Whisper of the Heart
The Wind Rises
Gauche the Cellist
Ocean Waves
Only Yesterday
Grave of the Fireflies
Castle in the Sky
When Marnie Was There
The Tale of the Princess Kaguya
My Neighbors the Yamadas
Spirited Away
Porco Rosso
Pom Poko
Princess Mononoke
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
Chie the Brat
Ponyo
Horus: Prince of the Sun
Howl's Moving Castle
Panda Kopanda
The Cat Returns
From Up on Poppy Hill
Tales from Earthsea
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.