[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Every time I click on an image on 4chan, instead of the imag

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1486752513923.jpg (270KB, 750x728px) Image search: [Google]
1486752513923.jpg
270KB, 750x728px
Every time I click on an image on 4chan, instead of the image expanding on screen, it instead decides to open itself in another tab on google chrome. This has just started today and IDK how to fix it. Does anyone else have this issue?

GIF of it happening: https://gyazo.com/519c9b8cc6f20b31ea19daabd59c7aae

It just happens when I left click...
>>
Click Settings in the top right and enable "Image Expansion" under Images and Media

You might have cleared your cookies or something
>>
>>281198
I took a look at the settings, it's already enabled. Any other ideas?

https://gyazo.com/93f679c09fa73a28bc21c8474a3f6296
>>
>>281199
Strange

Have you got any 3rd party extensions like 4chanX that could be interfering?
Have you tried restarting your browser?
Are you sure your mouse is working? Or your keyboard? Ctrl+click or middle click generally opens images in new tabs.

And lastly, are you sure you're browsing 4chan in both instances on HTTPS? On the page where you enabled image expansion and on the board you're browsing, check both URL's start with HTTPS

Just throwing ideas out there, not sure what it might be but one of those could help
>>
>>281199
>>281201
Also check if it does this in a different browser, or in an Incognito tab on Chrome.

I actually just noticed that it does expand the image on the page but also opens it in a new tab, which is really strange desu.
Hopefully someone else can come along and help if none of this works, since I'm out of ideas.

If >>>/wsr/ fails you, I'd try >>>/qa/ too
>>
>>281201
Only third party extensions I have are adblock, avast, and a popup blocker for chrome.

I have restarted my computer and restarted my browser, I have also reset all of my settings on chrome to default.

I am not using 4chanX

I can middle mouse click on images and they will open in new tabs, left clicking on images will make them open in a new tab and expand on the thread.
>>
>>281206
Okay, incognetto mode seems to have fixed it. So could it be one of my extensions then?

https://gyazo.com/80e5848b4e2cec679a1b4ebdef20da42

The only extension in incognetto is adblock now.
>>
>>281210
I'm not sure, but I would try disabling those extensions temporarily just to see if it is because of them
At least its clear it's definitely specific to how your Chrome is set up
>>
>>281213
Yeah okay, I found the extension that was messing stuff up. Its weird though that this has never happened before until today as I had no problems with it before.

https://gyazo.com/ffacf366696c34f1acca6f838bd5aa70

This was one of the extensions.
>>
>>281214
I'm not techy enough to know specifically why it might have caused the issue, but glad to hear you found the issue lad.
Maybe look in its settings or filters list or whatever for anything associated to 4chan.
>>
File: 1486401537542.png (35KB, 1360x480px) Image search: [Google]
1486401537542.png
35KB, 1360x480px
using windows
using chrome
>>
>>281214
holy shit, thank you, this same thing has been driving me nuts all day
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.