[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking for a anime with a similar vibe to things like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: moemoe.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
moemoe.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
I'm looking for a anime with a similar vibe to things like Dune, Incal, Caste of Metabarons or prog rock music like Yes or Rush. By this I mean anything that combines science-fiction, fantasy, mysticism and space opera. Where you have powerfull aliens, gods, spaceships, artefacts and beautiful warrior women in the same setting, with a bit of a grand tone to all of it. Off course it doesn't have to be exactly what I'm writing but best something that feels similar.
>>
>>280870
I would check anime series from this list.
http://blog.honeyfeed.fm/top-10-space-opera-anime-best-recommendations/

Some of them seem really good. I like cyberpunk anime which is a really small list of anime.
>>
Macross: Do You Remember Love

Specifically that more than the original. There's more mysticism in DYRL, but both are good.
>>
File: Dragons_Heaven.jpg (833KB, 1800x3362px) Image search: [Google]
Dragons_Heaven.jpg
833KB, 1800x3362px
>>280870
>>
>>280890
>>280892
Saw those, in fact I made those screens and that chart myself.
>>280880
Seen some of those, haven't seen: Old Yamato, Toward the Terra and Tytania among those. Any of them fit my description?
>>
>>280896
Haven't seen Sidonia as either, but as a fan of old Nihei works both the anime and manga were kind of painful to watch for me. I'm also a cyberpunk fan btw, but I've seen a ton of those.
>>
File: No 5 intro.jpg (958KB, 2350x1217px) Image search: [Google]
No 5 intro.jpg
958KB, 2350x1217px
>>280896
I can't give you an anime, but sicne you also enjoy comics.
>>
>>280978
Thanks, but read it. Love Taiyo Matsumoto and especially No. 5.
>>
>>281066
have you seen tenshi no tamago, hokuto no ken, md geist, texhnolyze, kaiba, aru tabibito no nikki and or five star stories?
>>
>>281094
Kaiba and Tenshi no Tamago are among my top 5. Ony haven't seen Hokuto no Ken and MD geist. What's the best way to go with Hokuto no Ken? Films, series or comics?
>>
test post
>>
>>280892
what's the name of this? i did some searches on "dragons heaven" and didn't come up with anything. it looks like whoever did it was a big fan of moebius.
>>
>>281342
disregard that, i tuck socks
>>
>>281385
Don't know which version you found, there's a laserdisc one you have on yt which is rather poor quality but now you can also find a dvd version from the screenshots on nyaa.
>>
>>280896
Tytania is an incomplete story and not worth your time.
>>
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084315/
>>
>>281435
Sounds good, I did watch Gandahar and Fantastic Planet.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.