[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey Sooo I have like less than 3 hours left for finishing this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: agsdag.png (15KB, 676x287px) Image search: [Google]
agsdag.png
15KB, 676x287px
Hey
Sooo I have like less than 3 hours left for finishing this shitty report and I have no idea what to do.
Basically we took some measurements in the lab regarding a robotic arm rotating with a mass attached to it (we took measurements about force and period), and the professor asked us to verify the centripetal force law F=mrω2 and study the correlation between F(m) and F(r).
I have NO idea about what they actually want to see since they said nothing about it, but I guess I have to do some fit (???) with Wolfram Mathematica and calculate the slope of the line generated by putting m (or r) on the x axis and F on the y axis... and that would give me some value related to it, I guess? I don't know. I need help, please save me
i'll put some data in the pic
>>
>>280753
What is the T_m stand for?
>>
>>280757
It's the mean period
>>
>>280753
For r1,r2,r3,r4 which mass is being used to calculate the force?
>>
>>280765
m2, and for calculating the force while changing m we used r2
>>
File: eee.jpg (11KB, 576x583px) Image search: [Google]
eee.jpg
11KB, 576x583px
>>280765
r3 actually, sorry. anyway i generated a data fit curve for m1m2m3 and i found the correlation coefficient (maybe) which should be 0.99775, but i'm not sure actually
>>
>>280753
Use the equation to find centripetal Force given all the values. F is ma and rw2 has the same units as acceleration so I guess F_r=F*r.

Too lazy to check but at least the units work out.
>>
>>280782
I know how to do that, but I was asked to find the correlation coefficient. I've already found the centripetal force, as you can see (Fm is the mean of the centripetal force of 30 measurements). I should also calculate the X2 and verify a few other things
>>
>>280782
Actually it would have to be a ratio of the radii compared to r3. Are you sure it isn't r2 though since it has the same value for m2?
>>
>>280753
I would just make two plots. One with F vs m and F vs r. As long as they are straight/linear, it matches the equation.
>>
>>280789
Thanks god you made me notice. Nope, it's a mistake I made while writing the values on Excel from the notes I took in the lab. I inverted r2 with r3 (as you can see it makes sense: 2,3,5,6)
>>280797
Yeaah but as I said I have to find the correlation coefficient. It's what the professor asked
>>
>>280801
Your value for the correlation coefficient sounds right then. For r or m, if either increases, the other has to increase assuming every other variable stays fixed.
>>
File: dsfh.png (4KB, 535x108px) Image search: [Google]
dsfh.png
4KB, 535x108px
>>280802
I still don't understand why my X2 value for F(m) is "12791.3". It's too damn big
>>
>>280805
idk about these statistics parts but check to make sure you're using the right values. Your fit is good which means the chi should be low.
>>
>>280806
values are good :<
>>
File: dsfhsd.png (3KB, 217x181px) Image search: [Google]
dsfhsd.png
3KB, 217x181px
>>280806
>>
>>280805
>>280810
I don't know what this program is but what's s[[i]]?
>>
>>280811
It's the index
>>
>>280813
Of what?
>>
>>280814
Of the 3 x and 3 y values
>>
>>280815
What formula are you using for X2?
>>
File: cvsd.png (5KB, 275x92px) Image search: [Google]
cvsd.png
5KB, 275x92px
>>280816
The one you see in the code, lol.
>>
>>280818
Sorry but I haven't learned this part of statistics so can't help you from here on out.
>>
>>280820
I see, thank you anyway
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.