[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TL;DR: Need to post a shit-ton of images online more anonymously

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: du -hs.png (3KB, 586x63px) Image search: [Google]
du -hs.png
3KB, 586x63px
TL;DR: Need to post a shit-ton of images online more anonymously than 4chan, what do?

(Wall of text ahead)

I knew a man that was a rather famous Hollywood photographer back in the 70's-90's. I won't bother dropping names, but everyone here who's older than about 30 would have at least heard of most, if not all, of the people he photographed.

Around 10-12 years ago, he switched to fashion photography and blogging. Again, no names, but his pics were featured in multiple mainstream magazines and websites.

Late last year, he died. Unbeknownst to his family, I ended up with copies of a selection of his Hollywood work, and the raw images (a.k.a. "originals") of what I believe to be his ENTIRE fashion portfolio.

I would like to put these pictures on the internet. There are 2 problems, though:

1) There are hundreds of thousands of pictures totaling several terabytes.

2) I don't want this to be traceable back to me in any way.

So... what do I do? Bear in mind that #2 is super important. Remember, his family doesn't know I have this stuff, and once it starts floating around the internet, I have to assume that they WILL eventually find out, one way or another, and let's just say that them knowing it came from me would have negative consequences for me.

If you need any further info, ask away -- but I will not identify him or his models, not until I can publish the pics.

Pic related: the 110G is processed to /hr/ jpeg; the 194G is processed, sorted, and duplicates removed. And there's still ~4TB to process and sort, plus over 100 DVDs.
>>
>2) I don't want this to be traceable back to me in any way.
there are lots of ways to upload things completely anonymously. you can do it on a public wifi from a machine that cannot be traced back to you.

the hard part for you, it sounds like to me, is that there is a limited number of people who could have access to the photos you want to upload. his family may never be able to prove that you uploaded them, but they may know that you did.
>>
>>280483
Post them on Usenet anonymously.

Use an anonymous VPN, and get an account using Bitcoin, PaySafeCard or similar.

The upload can be traced to the Usenet account, but the NSP doesn't know who you are, and they know they got paid but there's no record of who paid them, and the VPN provider knows who you are but doesn't know what you did on the VPN.

Once you've done all that, hide the evidence, and download your upload using a regular account. Then if someone asks "why do you have all this", you can just say "some guy uploaded it to Usenet, and I downloaded it".

http://theloadguru.com/how-to-upload-anonymously/
>>
>>280483
Oh, don't redact images like that. They can be brute-forced, because an attacker knows what font you're using, and can generate his own plaintext and count the pixels each character uses, then compare them with your scrambled characters.

The subpixel rendering makes it way easier, as the blues, yellows, etc. make each character way more distinctive.

It's way better to completely overwrite them with black, or in your specific case create a separate tree with nonincriminating names out of symlinks in /tmp/, then change your prompt to not show the machine or user. You can't leak information that was never there.
>>
>>280483
The reason you want to be using Usenet is that once you upload something, it's there forever. The costs are paid for by people that subscribe so they can download, and uploading is free. Unlike file lockers, your upload won't get removed for you not paying or for people not downloading it.

Usenet is federated, so once you upload something, it's immediately mirrored to a bunch of completely independent companies, meaning that for it to disappear, they'd all have to go bust or they'd all need to receive a fraudulent DMCA claim.
>>
>>280508
>there are lots of ways to upload things completely anonymously. you can do it on a public wifi from a machine that cannot be traced back to you.

I intend to dedicate a new tablet to posting the images and nothing else, probably from a McDonald's or something.

>the hard part for you, it sounds like to me, is that there is a limited number of people who could have access to the photos you want to upload. his family may never be able to prove that you uploaded them, but they may know that you did.

Probably not. They don't know that I ever had access to the photos, and I think it's likely they'll think it was one of his many photographer friends.

>>280516
>>280520
>Usenet

Hm. Maybe. All but the "re-download everything" part.

But if I go that route, couldn't I just get a gift card and toss it when I'm done?

(Also, binaries aren't there "forever". The last time I had binary access, the retention time for busy groups was measured in months or weeks.)

>>280518
>Oh, don't redact images like that.

Nothing "incriminating" or whatever -- just things like my login name -- but point taken. Unfortunately, I posted incognito so the delete cookie is gone. Shrug.
>>
>>280917
>Hm. Maybe. All but the "re-download everything" part.
Your call, but I can't think of a more plausible denial than "These files are on my computer because I downloaded this easily-found post".

>But if I go that route, couldn't I just get a gift card and toss it when I'm done?
I'm not sure what you're asking, but that's what things like PaySafeCard are. Be aware that the things you post get an X-Trace header, that the originating NSP can decode to get your account. This means it's important that they don't have any of your details, which is why you need to pay them with a method that doesn't give them any of your details.

>(Also, binaries aren't there "forever". The last time I had binary access, the retention time for busy groups was measured in months or weeks.)
Perhaps you haven't used it in a while?

Nowadays retention is around 430 weeks on the big NSPs, and it seems to go up by about a week every week.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.