[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I dropped my iphone 5, in it's case, not too far from the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: phone-description.png (19KB, 626x461px) Image search: [Google]
phone-description.png
19KB, 626x461px
I dropped my iphone 5, in it's case, not too far from the floor. it was like 40% charged, but now it won't turn back on. the charging screen comes up, then the apple logo comes up, but then it goes back to black. it was charged when it happened though.
does anyone have any clue as to what's going on? i don't want to lose my pictures and notes, but i also really don't want to have to take it in. I
>>
>>277183
Speculation:

The battery might have disconected itself...
or hasbeen damged; you could try to charge it

i have a samsung galaxy s6; it fell down and wouldnt turn on again; my friend told me to charge it and surprisingly it turned on!

regardless of the outcome:

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP

IF A FILE DOES NOT EXIST IN AT LEAST THREE PLACES IT DOES NOT EXIST AT ALL
>>
>>277209
Also you might be able to create an itunes backup on a pc/mac
>>
>>277183
OP again. I should add that this is only when the iphone is plugged in. when it's not it's completely black.
>>277209
>my friend told me to charge it and surprisingly it turned on
yeah reading some threads on the apple website and some people report success with this. i'm trying it right now. i'll report back.
>>
>>277248
it didn't work. i might get a new battery. does anyone else have any suggestions?
>>
>>277458
Be patient. It will get better.
>>
>>277183
Unless you were an idiot and deliberately disabled it, you already have a backup of all your pictures and notes. Go to the iCloud website and log in with the same id you use to buy stuff off the app store. You'll be able to see how you're using your storage, which will tell you if your phone is backed up, and hopefully also when.

Don't bother restoring your phone or anything, this is clearly hardware. Apple will restore it if they repair it, because they flash a diagnostic OS on that tells them what's wrong. Third parties can't and won't; they'll just poke stuff til it's fixed. Probably best to take your phone to a generic phone repair shop, and tell them you dropped it.

>>277209
That's not a problem on iOS: it backs itself up to iCloud every single night, unless you're an imbecile and turn it off because muh botnet.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.