[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I find a CD cover in the trash, without the CD >I keep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 600x600bb.jpg (100KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
600x600bb.jpg
100KB, 600x600px
>I find a CD cover in the trash, without the CD
>I keep it and download all the music that suposed to be in the CD and save it in a virgin CD
>I put that new media in the cover
>I announce it on eBay, explaining in the ad that the original CD was lost and I had to record all the music in a virgin media

I'll be doing something illegal? Can I get in trouble?
>>
>>275634
Yes, and yes.

The license follows the CD, not its packaging.
>>
>>275636
How can the authorities prove that I am not the owner of the CD? It's not like people associate their names with the CDs when they're buying it.
>>
>>275685
>It's not illegal if no-one finds out.
Aside from anything else, eBay explicitly says you can't do this, and you'll just get your account suspended.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/recordable.html
>>
>>275685
>How can the authorities prove that I am not the owner of the CD?
they wouldn't have to. selling a copy of a cd would be illegal even if you had owned the original and lost it.

it's unlikely that you WOULD get into trouble for it but you certainly CAN
>>
>>275695
I think I can get away with it.

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-copy-and-rip-cds-2438418
>>
>>275634
>I'll be doing something illegal?
of course it's illegal

you never owned the music in the first place, but are trying to sell it
>>
>>275924
If they can't prove it's illegal, it just isn't.
>>
>>275935
they can remove anything for any reason

copying any copyrighted material, and then selling it is illegal
>>
>>275936
Makes no fucking sense. If I own a CD, it scratches and I have to make a copy, I copy it and throw the inutile scratched CD in the trash, then years later I sell my copy to other person, not keeping any of the music to me... It's like selling the original. How can it be illegal? I think the judge will agree with me.
>>
>can i do thing?
>no
>im still gonna
attaboy
>>
>>275943
> It's like selling the original. How can it be illegal?
WRONG and ILLEGAL are only occasionally the same thing. walking across a deserted street outside a crosswalk is jaywalking, despite nothing being wrong with it. most laws end up covering things that aren't actually wrong (selling a single copy of a cd that you lost the actual disc for) in order to cover shit that IS wrong (selling copies of a cd to profit off of someone else's work)
>>
>>275943
>I think the judge will agree with me.
lots of stupid people think that. it won't make it so. selling a copy of cd isn't really open to legal interpretation.
>>
>>276011
People get original CDs and make copies and give to their friends all the time. Nobody gives a fuck.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.