[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gonna build a new computer soon, budget 500€ to 1000€. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1482634506942.jpg (50KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
1482634506942.jpg
50KB, 400x600px
Gonna build a new computer soon, budget 500€ to 1000€. I already have a monitor. I'm hesitating between two choices, here they are :

>Intel Core i5-6500 / 7500
>B150 / B250 mobo
>AMD Radeon RX 480

or

>Intel Core i5-6600K / 7600K
>Z170 / Z270 mobo
>AMD Radeon RX 480

In all honesty I will probably never end up overclocking my computer because while I do occasionally play games they're generally retro ones, and even if I were to play newer games, it wouldn't kill me to not being able to constantly playing them in ULTRA settings.
Another thing is I am poor and I'm expecting, want, my computer to last at the very least 3-4 years, and by lasting I mean not to break, so overclocking is like taking the risk of damaging my hardware for very little utility.

I'm aware the K versions of the core are naturally more powerful than the non-K versions even without overclocking, but is it still worth the higher costs? Would I end up regretting buying a, let's say, 7500 + B250 mobo combo in the future? Am I fucking myself over by doing this because very little room to upgrade in the future?

A couple of minor questions, too :
• Is it fine to get Windows 10 off their website and install it on my newly made computer just like that? I won't have to mess with the BIOS?
• Is a SSD really that needed? I read they prone to break compared to a good old HDD. I would still get a HDD no matter what of course, I mean to install my OS/progs/games on.
• I've noticed people recently making new builds with the i5-4670K / 4690K cores, are they retarded? These shits are more expensive and less powerful than some of the CPU I listed above.
• I know I should get a GOLD or PLATINUM certified PSU. I also know I should get RAM according to whether or not I plan on OC. Anything else I should know?

I would like your insights, /wsr/. Thanks for reading.
>>
K is not worth it if you are not overclocking. And even if you overclocked you wouldn't notice much of a difference when gayming.

>Is it fine to get Windows 10..

I have no clue what you are saying. You need to install windows and you need to use bios to do that.

>Is a SSD really that needed?

SSDs are great. Get one. No they won't break.

> people recently making new builds with the i5-4670K / 4690K cores

I don't know where you hang out but this is stupid. Only reason to do this is if you use some used parts.
>>
>>275426
>K is not worth it if you are not overclocking.
I keep getting told otherwise though, about how ZX70 mobos are better if I end up upgrading or changing parts in the future, too. Also about how K are not that much expensive, though in my case I'd like to not buy something expensive if I end up not completely getting the best out of it.

>I don't know where you hang out but this is stupid.
Funny enough it was on /g/.
>>
>>275434
>>K is not worth it if you are not overclocking.
You'd think that, but they're often the same price or cheaper than the equivalent non-K version, so unless you actually need VT-D (you don't), you're getting more performance for less money and it's a bit of a no-brainer.
>>
>>275426
>I have no clue what you are saying.
You probably shouldn't be "helping" here then.

He's clearly talking about pirating Windows 10 by modifying the BIOS to fake an OEM preactivation. This doesn't work anymore because Windows 10 has per-machine BIOS keys, not per-manufacturer.

His best options would be to:
- Install Windows 7 using BIOS SLP then use the Windows 10 installer to do an upgrade and get a free license (Microsoft says the offer has expired, but this does still work)
- Do the same with a loader (if I were MS, I'd make a note of all the upgrades from loadered Windows 7, then revoke them all in a ban wave, and if I can think of that so can Microsoft)
- Buy an OEM key for $5 then type it in and maybe haggle with MS support (this is pirating because OEM keys aren't transferable and the guy isn't actually selling you it)
- Fuck about with KMS
- Actually pay for the software his computer is a paperweight without
>>
>>275409
Also getting an AMD is retarded, as their new architecture is out in a few months. You'll be paying top-dollar for obsolete kit.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.