[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys. I work in tech support and boy have I got a good one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

Hey guys. I work in tech support and boy have I got a good one for you that I could use your help with.

So a regular customers brings his HP desktop in. He wants a bunch of stuff done which isn't unusual but one of the things was "remove my password". Basically, he wants the windows user password turned off. Simple enough except he doesn't know what the password is. Says he was using the computer just fine, went to turn it off and it asked his to set a password. He entered an email address (because Windows 10) and when prompted for a password, he got scared and cancelled it then force shutdown his computer. Now, it's asking for a password, which he swears he didn't set, for an email he doesn't own. This guy is a legend around here so this surprises no one.

Now here's the problem; we can't reset his password. We have a couple password cracking programs but none are compatible with Win10 so do you guys have any suggestion to remove or change the password without being able to boot to Windows?
>>
Trinity rescue disc
>>
first of all you, should be working, since you are getting payed, instead of asking people do do your work for (you)
secondly if there is a password set associated with an email you can forget about "cracking" it, that shit lives on MS servers now, call them with the windows key and ask if they can set the pass. or create a new user account and migrate the files or reinstall windows and migrate the files
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.