[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My apologies I'm studying geology, not computer sciences.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: red square.png (124B, 5x5px) Image search: [Google]
red square.png
124B, 5x5px
My apologies I'm studying geology, not computer sciences.

I have strong download speeds. I'm downloading something at 5 mps right now. Very stable. I just finished downloading a whole season of Precure in a couple of hours.

My upload is so spotty I can't even upload pictures to 4chan. How do I start troubleshooting this? I don't know where to begin. I hope I can even upload this tiny red square.
>>
File: 1487488037399.jpg (2MB, 5344x3006px) Image search: [Google]
1487488037399.jpg
2MB, 5344x3006px
I'd start w/ turning the Internet on/off, via unplugging it. Is it wired or wireless connection? (just some clarification, for the people who might actually be able to help) ((pic not related))
>>
>>269127
Wired. I have tried that already. It's always good to start with the simplest solutions first.
>>
>>269127
Oh, and I'm wired (Google Fiber)
>>
I'm not the most tech savvy either, but I'll ask around
>>
have you checked your specs via speedtest?

have you talked to your isp about this?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
>>269261
sorry, it's impossible for me to post images and AT&T is range blocked
>>
>>269306
As you can see though, the problem is limited to my computer, my phone posts through the wireless network just fine.

At this slow I can't hardly even post text anymore.
>>
call up your internet service provider and complain.
>>
>>269361
I suppose, although I can only imagine it's something wrong on my end. Guess I need to try everything.
>>
>>269388
I'd do what that anon said or perhaps try changing the channel your Wifi runs on. You'd have to google how to do it for your touter though

If it's on Ethernet though you don't have to bother
>>
having a fast connection to your ISP doesn't guarantee that every site on the web will respond rapidly. lately there have been times when i can't post to 4chan, most likely because idiots have been DDOSing it. if you're using windows and you can start a command shell, you might like to try "tracert 4chan.org", which will show you how many steps there are between you and 4chan. it'll also show you the delay at each step. if that delay gets too big, then.. it's slow.

the internet is huge enough to have weather, and sometimes it's bad.
>>
Is your phone connected to wifi when you post, or you mean your mobile network? The only way this is a problem on your end is 1) your router is configured poorly, which it isn't if you're using ethernet, 2) something is eating up all your bandwidth. Do you have anything running in the background? Use wireshark/TCPview to monitor your upload traffic

If you're upload speeds are still shit even if you're not otherwise connected, it's on your service provider's end, so you'll have to call them up and chew em out
>>
call your ISP it could be an issue upstream
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.