[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/D3Yfk T I'm building a n

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: wizard.jpg (44KB, 453x604px) Image search: [Google]
wizard.jpg
44KB, 453x604px
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/D3YfkT

I'm building a new PC and as looking for some advice on how to lower the cost a bit. The person I'm building for demands that they can play Fallout 4 at 1080p flawlessly

Thanks in advance!
>>
there is no lowering of prices here

only saving more money
>>
>>262093
your PSU is overkill and even though I think that's a good price for the CPU, you don't necessarily need that good of a cpu or mobo. I doubt whoever you're building it for is going to overclock it so you don't need an overclockable CPU or mobo or anything

Ram too, 8gb should do just fine

I mean, personally, I would be fine with this as is if it was for me and wouldn't really want to be skimping but if it's for someone else who can't build one themselves, they don't need top of the line hardware.
>>
>>262093
Get a 6600K unless you are really intent on that 2% performance improvement & playing 10 bit video.
Also your PSU is extremely overkill, a 600 watt one is more than enough.
>>
>>262093
You've overspecified the motherboard, CPU, and especially PSU.

PCPartPicker tell you your power requirements; if it's saying 335W, why on earth are you wasting $115 to get 850W? A 400W would do fine.

Drop the ricey motherboard and the K-processor, and you can drop the need for an air cooler the size of your face.

Pick memory that's a different colour, and it's the exact same chips under the decoration, but you save $30, or 25%. Why's that important? That $30 difference could get you an NVMe SSD like an Intel 600.

You could easily knock 25% of the cost off this whole list, with no discernible difference in gameplay.
>>
>>262135
>Get a 6600K
Why would he do that, when it's $3 more than the 7600K?
>>
>>262141
Oh crap, did not see that. Guess so...
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.