[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The other day I just buyed the Blu-ray Disc driver LG WH14NS40.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 14854186756[1].jpg (56KB, 940x620px) Image search: [Google]
14854186756[1].jpg
56KB, 940x620px
The other day I just buyed the Blu-ray Disc driver LG WH14NS40. It reads CDs and DVDs, but not BDs. I have Windows 7, I downloaded the 1.03 firmware but it just doesn't work.
>>
>>257268
Are you trying to watch BD movies?
All Blu ray drives (hardware) can only read the discs however you cant just watch a movie without some software.

I just rip BD movies as .mkv files with MakeMKV. I heard you can view Blu rays with VLC, for me it doesn't work on WIN 10.
>>
>>257272
When I put a BD, it appears that the drive it's empty.
>>
>>257278
Do you have a few Blu ray discs? Did you try different ones?
>>
>>257281
Sadly, I only have one.
>>
You install Anydvd?. It's a trial, I think it might help.

https://www.redfox.bz/en/download.html
>>
>>257289
Just asking because even without software your drive should still be able to read the disc.

Could be some region lock, however I think it should still be able to read the disc. Blu ray drives are pretty much plug and play, no driver installation is needed. However you still need software to interpret the information the drive is reading.
>>
>>257292
I had a similar issue with a factory-installed BR drive in a laptop that I bought recently. It read CD/DVD fine but BDs weren't recognised; trying to open the drives resulted in Windows askimg me to insert a disc, and popping the tray open.

I checked firmware, player software, etc etc... In the end all I needed to do was to BLOW REAL FUCKING HARD ON THE LENS. It worked straight away once I did that.

tl;dr: blow on the lens. blow it hard, like it's your dad.
>>
>>257493
O, I didn't think of that. I remember a long time ago buying a PS3 like that. Seller said it didn't read blu rays or games. All I did first was cleaning out the lens and it was good as new. However to get to the lens meant having to open the PS3 and drive.

To clean it out the lens I used a cotton swab, isopropyl alcohol and a compressed air duster. I ended up buying a Xbox 360 with the same issues for really cheap. Guy sold it for parts and all it needed was the lens to be cleaned.
>>
>I just buyed
>but it just doesn't work
contact their customer service and/or return it and get a different one.
>>
>>257290
I couldn't use AnyDVD because my license has expired. I tried PowerDVD, it didn't worked.

>>257529
I'm going to try that.

>>257539
I can't. I buyed it thru MercadoLibre (a local version of eBay) to a shop in Cordoba and, in order to get support, I must sent it via mail and I have to pay the shipping.
>>
>>257709
You can also try using Leawo, works great on Windows 10. It should work on Windows 7. It doesn't have ads and its free not some trial software.

http://www.leawo.com/
>>
>>257709
If cleaning the lens works out let us know.
>>
>>257752
I will.
>>
>>257752
It didn't worked.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.