[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this cable mod set compatible with this PSU? In the title

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: help.jpg (99KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
99KB, 500x500px
Is this cable mod set compatible with this PSU? In the title it states Axi and Hxi but doesn't specify if its compatible with both Rmi and Rmx.

Also Is there any reason not to buy a higher voltage model of a PSU if its on sale cheaper than the lower voltage of the same model? I only need 750w but the 850w is literally cheaper after mail in rebate.

CableMod C-SERIES Axi Hxi & RM Cable Kit
http://www.ncix.com/detail/cablemod-c-series-axi-hxi-0e-106698.htm

Corsair RM850X 850W Power Supply ATX12V
http://www.ncix.com/detail/corsair-rm850x-850w-power-supply-f8-116227.htm?promoid=1846

To idiot proof myself before I buy these, will it all work on my setup?

MOBO: Asus P8Z77-V LK
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K
GPU: MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (Armor)
RAM: Ripjaws X G.Skill 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
PSU: Antec Earthwatts EA 750w Green
DRIVES: 111GB OCZ-VERTEX3 (SSD) / 931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 (SATA)
LED: NZXT Hue+
CHASSIS: Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 High Airflow ATX Cube Case (White)
>>
>>256402
There is no downside to having a stronger PSU. In fact, if you get a semi-passive one like the AX series, it will stay passive up to higher load, so that is quite nice.

Not sure about the modding set, but Corsair used to have unified cable sets for their modulas PSUs. On first glance it looks like they still have it, so it should fit, but I can not guarantee it, and not all of the strands might work. Like, it could be missing the ports for additional 8-pin EPS or something, I don't know.

Also, just btw, you don't need 850W, and you don't need 750W. Even 650W would be more than enough. No matter how much you overclock (which is not much with 1070, because Nvidia locked it, lel).

My setup used to have a 5.1Ghz 3770K with a 1.5GHz 980Ti, plus 6 HDDs and 32GB of high voltage RAM, which is WAY more than your setup. Still never ever reached the max of an AX650.
>>
File: cablemod.jpg (33KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
cablemod.jpg
33KB, 600x300px
>>256412
the struggle is the price points on the psu if you want fully modular... i only save $20 getting 200w less lol.. thanks for the reply i pulled the trigger on the RM850X and found the appropriate cable set.

thats a shame about the wasted voltage I guess, can i at least tell myself that its future proofed to some extent?
>>
>>256417
Sure you can, if you ever want to upgrade to either 3 GPUs, or 2 old ones... because the trend is less wattage, not more.
I got a AX850 in another PC that has been running perfectly since they launched, a good PSU can be with you for a long time.
>>
File: PC.jpg (137KB, 696x540px) Image search: [Google]
PC.jpg
137KB, 696x540px
>>256421
sweet. if you're still around I have another newbie question to throw at you. I have a ASUS gtx 660 that I upgraded into my 1070, is there any reason to put both in there? like can i slr 2 different cards or do they have to be same make/model.
>>
>>256424
People used to use small Nvidia cards as dedicated PhysX GPUs, but I don't think that is worth it anymore. So few games use it, and if they do, your 1070 should be fine.

For SLI the cards have to be the exact same model, with the same amount of VRAM etc.

You could in theory use different AMD cards in CrossFire, but it would basically work a bit worse than two of the smallest model involved would.

I'd just sell the older card.
>>
>>256428
awesome thanks for the info.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.