[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TL;DR I need help with elvish to name my sword. I want to name

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: LOTR HELP.png (124KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
LOTR HELP.png
124KB, 500x500px
TL;DR I need help with elvish to name my sword.

I want to name my fencing sword after Aragorn’s Andúril. I know it means Flame of the West in elvish Quenya and that is uses the noun andúnë and the suffix ril, that I believe comes from the word wilma.

I’d like my sword to be the Flame of the East, so I sorted the nouns orontë, anarórë, hrómen, that might either mean East or Sunrise. How would any of them behave with the suffix ril, following the right grammar rules for Quenya? And how would the three names be written in tengwar?

Thanks in advance.
>>
A good name would be Kįłł ÿöûrśełf
>>
File: 1475553257529.jpg (22KB, 840x405px) Image search: [Google]
1475553257529.jpg
22KB, 840x405px
fuck you
>>
name it anything, you're going to cringe yourself to death just as hard in five years anyway. I hope.
>>
From what I've found, 'ril' itself is a word/suffix that just means "brillance, glitter, shine", and so there's no need to alter it.

Following the pattern of Andúril and what little I understand of Tolkein's grammar structures, the names would probably come out something like Orontril (flame of sunrise), Anaróril (also flame of sunrise), and Hrómril/Hrómenril (flame of the east).
>>
>>256102

That might help! I was a little unsure about how to drop the ending of the words. Thanks for your time!

>>255979
>>256052
>>256096

Not that you would care, but it's a fencing sword. Not as cringy, I'd say.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.