[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ive recently watched death note, cowboy bebop, samurai champloo,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1480303798008.jpg (60KB, 937x667px) Image search: [Google]
1480303798008.jpg
60KB, 937x667px
Ive recently watched death note, cowboy bebop, samurai champloo, kill la kill, attack on titan, and some psycho pass (didnt get me too interested) so Im out of anime to watch and am open to recomendations. Any decent follow up to this lineup?
>>
Gurren Lagann is just Kill la Kill but better in every way.
>>
Space Dandy.
>>
>>255283
Thats what myanimelist reccomends. Im generally not into the mech trope but Ill check it out.
>>
>>255304
Sounds good, im probably going to watch that tonight.
>>
Most of what you mentioned is big-name action anime, so i'll recommend my favorite action anime

Black Lagoon
Gurren Lagann
Baccano!
Michiko to Hatchin
Hunter x Hunter (2011)
>>
I've watched the following, would appreciate any recommendations based on this.

>Code Geass
Liked it. The highschooley stuff etc wasn't entirely for me but it never got too overbearing. Liked the setting. Lelouch was a decent protagonist, keikakus were generally pretty good and fun. Watched Akito too, wasn't as impressed by the story but the soundtrack was excellent.
>Your Name
Liked it a lot, characters were endearing, plot was engrossing, music was good, art was pretty. Wasn't the most original or innovative thing but I enjoyed it a lot and will probably go see it again when I have an opportunity.
>Initial D
Enjoyed it. Takumi's friends were sometimes a little bit grating, most of the women in the show were just annoying, and I thought stage 4 was a bit dull after 26 episodes of racing literally whos and little interesting character development but it picked back up in 5/final. Now listening to my new HIGH SPEED DORIFTO playlist.
>Death Note
Became really apparent in the second season that L was propping the entire show up. Wasn't really getting into it until he was revealed, and didn't enjoy any of it after he died. Light was a very uninteresting protagonist - he's not at all sympathetic (compare to lelouch, who has good intentions, experiences some degree of guilt, and has people he cares about), he doesn't really have any interesting personality or character besides ruthless edgy anime psychopath, and from a psychological perspective he is completely incoherent. Keikakus were fun though, in season 1 at least.
>Yuri on Ice
Mindboggling gay, great fun, very sweet, now somewhat interested in figure skating. Eagerly looking forward to a second season.
>Your Lie in April
Sometimes a bit too dreary to enjoy, and I don't have the depth of understanding to fully appreciate it musically, but a good show and would definitely recommend to anyone with a good knowledge of classical music.
>>
>>255281
Trigun
>>
>>255308
>the mech trope
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>255682
I imagine ESL-kun meant "genre", pedant-kun.
>>
File: 1453901030966.jpg (7KB, 200x174px) Image search: [Google]
1453901030966.jpg
7KB, 200x174px
>>255757
Is mech really a genre? What does "mech" actually tell you about the content of the show? Action is a genre. Comedy is a genre. I didn't think mech was a genre.
>>
>>255935
We have an entire board for mechs you dingus.

>>>/m/

Mech is definitely a genre. It describes the use and prominence of mech within the anime. Does that really sound more weird to you than a genre that tells you people make jokes within the anime?
>>
Revolutionary Girl Utena
>>
>>255952
>Does that really sound more weird to you than a genre that tells you people make jokes within the anime?
It kinda does, yeah. People don't group anime with lots of swords in them in the "Sword" genre. They describe them based on what the characters holding the swords are going. No one lists Gintama and Katanagatari in the same genre, so why two completely thematically different shows with mechs in them?
>>
>>255969
Because mech shows tend not to be thematically different, my thread-hijacking snowflake.
>>
>>255281
Knights of Sidonia is kinda like Attack on Titan in space, but weird.
>>
>>255969
They share the "chanbara" genre. Literally "sword fight".

For OP, Gurren definitely feels different from pretty much any other mech show.
For other recommendations, I'd say One Punch Man for some mixed up fun and high speed action.
Log Horizon is another in the long line of "stuck in the game" shtick, but with a lot of focus on the big picture of society as a whole instead of just the main characters.
>>
>>255281
Black Lagoon
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.