[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weird thing with rockbox is happening here. After transferring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 38d.gif (239KB, 500x419px) Image search: [Google]
38d.gif
239KB, 500x419px
Weird thing with rockbox is happening here.
After transferring one or two songs the speed drops to zero and the device doesn't get recognised anymore.
Before flashing rockbox everything worked fine - so it can't be hardware problem. (Synchronising works fine with iTunes.)
Anyone got an idea how to fix this?
I don't want to use iTunes..
No difference if I install stable or not.
I need to restart the iPod and replug the cable to transfer the next one or two songs.
I just used the Rockbox Utility tool and press the install button. Am I missing a step?
>>
No one?
>>
Either the rewrite to memory of installing Rockbox just happened to be the straw that broke the camel's back when it comes to the disk, or maybe there's some driver issue.

Since the driver issue can have a solution, let's try this theory. Assuming you're on Windows, if not I can't help beyond recommending Google, open up the Device Manager and find your iPod which should be under Universal Serial Hub Bus controllers, assuming it's still connected by USB. Right click on it, go to properties, Driver, Driver Details, write down / type out what the current driver is and don't lose it just in case, and change the driver to USB Mass Storage Device by using Update Driver -> Browse -> Let me pick from a list. You might have to uncheck a box up top to make it show up.

If that doesn't work then use the same process to put the old driver whose name you wrote down back on.
>>
>>253788
Didn't work..
So it is a hardware problem?
>>
>>253830
Nothing else comes to mind, it could be.

Reset the iPod and see if it works, if it doesn't then maybe warranty is still active.
>>
>>253424
Firmware shouldn't make any difference, as access to the disk is direct.

If you're getting shitty performance, check your USB cable first.
>>
>>253891
Yeah I think the iPod is fucked.
Formerly I just 60 songs at once with iTunes on it. It did work but after trying to throw a few hundreds in it the artist list showed nothing. After plugging it in again iTunes said content can't be read and the device needs to be factory resetted.
>>
>>253907
Might be a good opportunity to put an SDHC into it.
>>
File: IMG_20170120_010003.jpg (1MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170120_010003.jpg
1MB, 4160x3120px
>>253914
Mmh
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.