[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /wsr/, can you recommend some Seinen Anime? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: ozu.jpg (85KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ozu.jpg
85KB, 1280x720px
Hello /wsr/, can you recommend some Seinen Anime?

I'm thinking of stuff like Planetes, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, Tatami Galaxy and Welcome to the NHK. This are my favorites at least. I like controversal art-style, depressing but uplifting plots or just some badass chill characters. Sometimes I like to laugh, too.

If it's not Seinen it's not bad but I just DON'T WANT lame shonen fighting plots where some kiddos with low self esteem fight for a better world and I also don't want plastic world harem anime if you know what I mean.

Check my MAL if you are bored enaugh: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/absolucity?status=2
>>
>>252870
>Planetes
try with patlabor movies, uchuu kyoudai and ergo proxy
>Samurai Champloo
ninja scroll, shigurui and samurai x + ovas
>Cowboy Bebop
GTO, redline and texhnolyze
>Tatami Galaxy
beck, steins gate and honey to clover
>Welcome to the NHK
genshiken, otaku no video and paranoia agent

i didn't read your mal b t w
>>
>>252907
Thank you
>>
here's some stuff i love that i think you'll like:
>jin-rou
a nuanced and silent movie set in a very detailed alternative history of post WWII japan, lots of espionage/political games.
>ping pong the animation
same director as tatami galaxy. doesnt matter if you dont like ping pong, the storytelling and animation is amazing.
>ghost in a shell
(not stand alone complex, the original movie) together with akira one of the most important movies for the cyberpunk genre. very good cinematography, interesting story that involves some interesting philosophical topics.
>akira
as mentioned before super influential movie. its pretty much an embodiment of japan's fear for atomic bombs and just science getting out of hand in general. animation and backgrounds are incredible.
>mononoke
every episode (sometimes two) revolves around some ghost related mystery, which the protagonist has to solve. sounds stupid, but its more complex and mysterious than you might think. has a unique, colourful artstyle. if you torrent it, some downloads come with a pdf for each episode explaining the references to traditional japanese folklore and symbolism. try to get that one, it really enhances the experience.
>>
>>253254
Thanks, I've seen Ghost in the Shell and Akira but I'll definitly check out Ping Pong the Animation (i love Ping Pong actually) and Mononoke!
>>
Aoi Bungaku
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.