[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are SteelSeries mousepads really worth it as much as everyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: qck_compare[2].jpg (32KB, 338x282px) Image search: [Google]
qck_compare[2].jpg
32KB, 338x282px
Are SteelSeries mousepads really worth it as much as everyone claims them to be? I've heard controversial opinions on this and while I own a QcK myself (and it's pretty good so far), I haven't tried any other mousepad so I can't compare it to anything else. The surface is nice but the lack of anti-fray stitched edges make them a bit "meh" for the price considering the ones from other brands have them for less or the same price.
>>
>>252325
Let's get this straight, I've never understood why people bother so much with mousepads. I mean you could run your mouse on the floor you'll still be okay to do most of your tasks in a day.
Don't bother going into "top-tier" stuff, this is just a carpet under your mouse. If you have to much money then yeah, buy whatever you like that look smooth. Otherwise upgrade any other parts first.
>>
>>252343
since getting my mat PS is so much smother
>>
>>252343
I literally just need a bigger mousepad for CS:GO and I can't justify 20€ on a mousepad that's gonna fray in a few months while other brands have stitched edges for half the price
>>
Fuck OP, stop worrying about a fucking moudepad. Just buy a cheap one that's the right size. If you can't stop obsessing about it, get an expensive one and buy yourself the peace of mind.
>>
>>252325
Yeah, I have one. It's really good. It's stained to fuck because I'm a pig but it's never frayed even a little (six years same pad).
>>
>>252357
>fray in a few months
Holy fuckin shit OP, what do you do to them?

I'm still using the one I got from PC World's bargain bin in 1995. It has a picture of Daffy Duck on it.

This mousemat is twenty years old. It doesn't have "stitched edges". It's not fraying.

What are you doing to yours?
>>
>>252343
Unless your mouse/os is doing a fuckload of smoothing, the mouse on any non flat relatively uniform surface is nightmarish to use because of 20 pixel random jumps.

>>252325
go to aliexpress, look for a 2-3mm non recycled rubber mouse pad that is sewn.

Personally I use a 700x300mm mouse pad that covers both my keyboard and mouse on its tray. had this for close to a year, only things that I dont like are

1) the seam is kind of obvious where the sewn edges meat and that's a little... don't want to say frayed, but not flush.
2) I ordered blue stitching, got black... ill admit, this looks better then blue so they did me a solid, but still, I ordered blue and didn't get it.
3) Though I say 700x300mm, really its about 50mm short on the 700mm side, this is perfect for me because it fits the tray 100% with no need to move it when I push it in, but is a point of contention.

The only other mouse pads I have point of reference is would be my little brothers razor one, the top for it is some kind of thick material obvious to see the weave, but doesn't not noticeably effect the mouse movement, the stitching also looks more half assed. but not in a bad way, just not as fine.

His mouse pad cost 40~$ for a slightly larger then normal size.
My mouse pad cost 7 for a big fuck off mat and Id I wanted I could get a custom graphic on it for 3$ more.

Seeing as this big thing lasted a year so far, and is still VERY nice, If i get another year of use out of it before anything goes wrong, i'll consider it the best mouse pad I ever owned. (though considering my other mouse pad was one I was given about 17 years ago and was melting, I don't have a big pool of reference for this assertion)
>>
protip: you only need a mousepad if your mouse is the old-fashioned sort with a rubber ball built into the base.
>>
>>252887
You must be retarded. With a mousepad you can prevent damaging/scratching your desk AND you mouse glide feet. Plus it mostly prevents your wrist from hurting all the time
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.