[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been stuck with shitty access to '''''computers'''''

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170103_221935_326.jpg (207KB, 1548x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170103_221935_326.jpg
207KB, 1548x1200px
I've been stuck with shitty access to '''''computers''''' for along time for being poor but finally have 55 dollar amazon gift card. Should I try to fix my old xp laptop, or buy another android? Can I really hook up a cheap android box to an old crt tv (just returned one because the resolution was too high so there was nothing but a black screen flickering). If I fix my 500ish ram laptop, I'll have only enough money to fix it's lcd, but if I fix it's ram it stays with a lamp behind it.

>pic related

Also, I have a desktop with nothing to go with it. But that's just a nevermind kind of thing because it'd cost too much just to see if it worked, even though it has the most potential, I found it in the trash. Currently also, 512 ram. I figure it's ram is why someone might have thrown it away, but the frame was bent a little so it may just not work beyond that problem.

What should poor neet do? How can I escape shitty cheap androids, or fix the laptop? It won't even install flash as it is.

Is there a chance that the backlight won't come on if I replace the lcd? Cheapest for it's brand was 35. But then add shipping to the 15 dollar 1 gig upgrade for the memory, then I'm out of money.

Also, the laptop is an inspiron b130 dell. Not that it matters, but that is relevant to the bios not letting me boot from a usb drive I guess, if I try linux that way, and as to whether or not it can go to 2 gigs like some people say? Is that a jewish trick, the two gig thing? Should I just upgrade the ram and forget the fixing of the lcd, as I never go out anyway? Not enough money to do both I don't think. 2 gigs would end up being 30 dollars for this computer, having to buy them separate, and the shipping I guess separate, it seems. No money to buy the screen.

I miss having a real OS.

inb4 converter box for any signals for the old tv, there's this thing called lag
>>
Get 2 gig memory

You can get a secondhand vga monitor on amazon for $20 and just plug it into the vga output
>>
>>249121
>$55
If you can somehow arbitrage it into actual money, you can get a 3-6GB Core2 Duo desktop for that off eBay.

If you choose motherboards wisely, you can later stick a quad-core 3GHz Xeon in it for another $20 or so.
>>
>>249145
>actual money
Can't do it. Somehow indeed.
>>249138
>20 dollar monitor
>Amazon
It is fun to make believe, but this isn't/x/. Cheapest was 25 plus 17 shipping. The actual LCD would be cheaper and make more sense.
>>
>>249121
eBay has a donor for your computer for $25 : 172298761757

That'll fix your screen and maybe even offer up some more RAM (depends on how many slots your laptop has and what's in them).
>>
>>249121
If your backlight isn't lighting, it's far more likely to be the $5 backlight inverter than the backlight itself. Don't replace your screen unless you're sure the actual backlight lamps are broken.

It's highly unlikely that both lamps failed at exactly the same time, so if your screen went from backlit to unbacklit on both sides at the same time, it's very likely indeed that the inverter failed.
>>
>>249151
>Somehow indeed.
You don't have a single friend that's planning on buying something from Amazon and will do you a favour?

Oh, anon.
>>
>>249160
Robot I am unironically. Jokes aside.
>>
>>249157
I've torn the screen apart already anon, but thanks for the info.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.