[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, /wsr/. Does anybody know any programs where I can lower

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: MP3-Symbol-Beaver-on-the-Beats.jpg (18KB, 190x239px) Image search: [Google]
MP3-Symbol-Beaver-on-the-Beats.jpg
18KB, 190x239px
Hello, /wsr/.
Does anybody know any programs where I can lower my .mp3 quality in bulk?
For example, make entire albums 320 kbps to 128 kbps? (of course I'll make a copy of the original)
I need this since I have a 4gb .mp3 player, and all the music I want will not fit on there.
>inb4 buy a better mp3 player
>inb4 OP can't inb4
>>
>>248871
You shouldn't be converting from mp3 to mp3. If you have lossless files, you can make a lower bitrate mp3 file to suit your storage capacities but mp3 should never be an input file

To answer your question, foobar2000 has this functionality, both the one you're asking for AND the one I'm recommending you do instead, built-in with the standard install, but it's windows only. idk what you'd use in the event that you're macfag or lincuck
>>
>>248871
Itunes can do it. Windows Media Player used to be able to, but I haven't used it in at least 10 years. There are probably at least a dozen freeware audio encoders out there, you just need to google for them.

>>248927
There's nothing wrong with using an MP3 as an input format when the output bitrate is much lower. The end result will be essentially the same. The problems come when people re-encode multiple times at the same bitrate, which introduces all kinds of strange artifacts. Also, only the most autistic of audiophiles have lossless copies of their music.
>>
>>248871
1) check to see if your mp3 player can do AAC: it'll sound better at whatever bitrate you choose
1a) If it's an iProduct it can, and iTunes can be set to do this conversion whilst syncing the device

2) LAME's command-line encoder can do your mp3 batch conversion

3) in general, if you want to do batches of stuff, use GNU Parallel. It automatically schedules jobs so as to keep all your cores busy and get everything done as quickly as possible.
>>
>>248927
Thank you! This works perfectly. Now I just need something to add .15-1 second to each song since my mp3 player (Gorillatones) skips the first second each time. Audacity might work but I'm not too sure if I'll be screwing up the audio quality by them...
>>
>>249099
by then...*
>>
>>249099
Just concatentate them with a silent mp3.

MP3 is packet-based (so is MPG), so you can just join files together and they'll play as one file. It'll shag your id3v2 though, as it won't be on the front anymore.

Ideally, write a little program to insert some silent frames between the id3v2 tag and the first mp3 frame.
>>
>>249101
Oh fugg, I didn't read your post correctly. Do you know any program that does this?
>>
>>249106
I think you'd probably have to write one.
>>
>>249106
But to just join the files together,

>copy /b short_silent.mp3 + my.mp3 padded.mp3
>>
>>249117
I think I'll just go with merging it. All my file needs is the file name so it can go in correct order. Just gotta make a seperate folder outside of the music folder named low storage mp3, and if I want to transfer music to another computer, I'll just use my 16 GB flash drive.
Man, technology is amazing.
>>
>>248871
apollo.rip
>>
>>248871
>>249099
anon maybe you should drop $15 on a new mp3 player with msd support instead of this weird shit you have going on now
>>
>>249143
A. There is no better available mp3 for that price around my area, Gorillatones is better than eclipse FFS, and that has a screen.
B. Phones are replacing .mp4 players. Screw that shit, I'm still using my flip phone.
>>
>>249146
you live in the middle east or something?

a Ruizu X02 from aliexpress/gearbest will do you well, anon. those sites ship anywhere.
>>
>>248871
let's ripping boys!
>>
>>249149
Are you posting this from 2003 or something?

No-one uses an mp3 player anymore.

NO-ONE.

You use your phone, and if your phone's a finicky little bitch, you transcode for it once rather than carrying a whole extra
device with you everywhere all the time.
>>
>>249163
>i have an mp3 player
>no-one uses an mp3 player

pick one??
>>
>>249149
I buy retail.
I remember having an 8GB red walkman back then. Good shit.
They don't even sell those retail anymore, only overpriced ipods and cheap eclipses. No sandiscs or anything.
>>
>>249166
Like I said, you appear to be posting through a time vortex back to when mp3 players used to be a thing.
>>
>>249167
why would you not buy online? you can get your sandisks online as well as chink stuff.
>>
>>249169
I have an MP3 player
It's called me phone
>>
File: walkman.jpg (7KB, 210x210px) Image search: [Google]
walkman.jpg
7KB, 210x210px
IT ALL ENDED HERE
R.I.P Sony Walkman
>>
>>249169
except op uses an mp3 player
>>
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Vertigo-MP3-2-GB-MP3-Player-Crystal-Case/186412929
>the buttons fall off as soon as you drop it
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.