[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I spilled champagne on my laptop last night, I've let

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20160714_234501.jpg (3MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160714_234501.jpg
3MB, 1944x2592px
So I spilled champagne on my laptop last night, I've let it dry for about 10 hours, tried to turn it on and it was fine for about 3 minutes. It turned itself off as if I pressed the power button, so I let it dry for an additional 8 hours. Wouldn't turn on at all after those 8 hours, only responds to the power cable being put in (only when the battery is also in though) so I decided to open it up and take it apart completely, which revealed that there is no liquid or stickyness inside at all. Cleaned out whatever dust and other shit I could find though, put it back together but still nothing. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm too poor to spend hundreds on getting it fixed.
>>
File: IMG_20170109_005202.jpg (2MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170109_005202.jpg
2MB, 1944x2592px
(the drying was obviously having it open and upsidedown, and I can't give you more information about the laptop than this pic)
>>
>>248197
"not have switched it on whilst it was still wet"?

It would probably have been fine, but by powering it up, you fucked it.
>>
>>248208
I switched it off Immediately after spilling and only tried to get it to work after a good 10 hours
>>
>>248197

Anon, just take it apart and make sure it's completely dry before you do anything else. Also, residue left by the champagne could still be causing an issue. That will need to be cleaned with IPA, but make sure you and your laptop are both adequately earthed to remove the chance of blowing something with static ... or take it to a repair shop and tell them what you did.
>>
>>248214
I can't completely take it apart because some strings and those plastic bands (I don't know the proper terms sorry) are not the type you can just pull out. And if you mean isopropyl alcohol with ipa then yeah that's what I used to clean it with. I mainly did the power button area as that's where I spilled it on and I let that dry afterwards but I haven't even found any residue besides that. But I guess I'll take it to a shop and just ask them what's wrong.
>>
>>248220
You mean ribbons and they clip out, look on YouTube type your model and the word disasembley after it
>>
>>248220
>some strings and those plastic bands

Not sure what you mean

this might help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuqV2_ISg9I
>>
>>248230

Oh, and cleaning the outside with IPA (yes, isopropyl alcohol) won't really achieve much, you need to clean the inside boards and connectors, and such.
>>
>>248233
That's what I did yes, not just the outside lol. I'll have a look for videos later. Thanks.
>>
>>248238
>I'll have a look for videos later. Thanks

I already gave you one at >>248230
>>
>>248244
Kinda meant I was gonna look at that one, lol sorry
>>
put laptop in rice so it can dry out :Ppppp
>>
>>248286
great then he's left with the sugary residue that is conductive, you cant do this with anything that contains sugar
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.