[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a good anime for somebody who's really only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: vlcsnap-2017-01-03-11h01m24s477.png (1MB, 1440x1090px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-01-03-11h01m24s477.png
1MB, 1440x1090px
What's a good anime for somebody who's really only seen old-school stuff?

I used to browse /m/ all the time before the shitposting intensified, and I've seen a lot of the Gundam, Macross, Gainax stuff. My favorite animes include Armored Trooper VOTOMS, Serial Experiments Lain, Giant Robo, Space Cobra, and those shlocky 80s OVAs like Bubblegum Crisis and Kyoumu Senki Miroku.

The most recently produced shows that I've seen and enjoyed are Samurai Flamenco and Shin Mazinger Z (I know, not very recent). I feel like I've blocked myself into this genre of giant robots and self-aware shlockyness, and I've also got a dislike of cheap digital animation and modern character designs so I don't try a lot of shows.

Can I get some recommendations? I obviously like sci-fi but I'm open to anything as long as it isn't too long [spoiler]I'm getting sick of going through all the 50-episode Gundams[/spoiler]. I'm looking for anime, but I'll even take suggestions for [spoiler]Western live-action shows[/spoiler]. Thanks
>>
Do you specifically want mecha anime or action in general? Mecha isn't my thing but I know a guy who watches nothing but mecha, I could ask him
>>
>>245497
It doesn't necessarily have to be mecha - it's just what I tended to watch. I mostly enjoyed the intricate mechanical designs that came with the genre.

Same thing for action. I usually watch stuff with fighting and a sense of justice, but I really enjoyed watching Lain a couple months ago, and there was no real action there. I guess that I'm looking for something with fantastical elements, but also has some sort of message. Though it was kind of flawed, I really enjoyed SamFlam for that sort of stuff.
>>
>>245506
here's a big list with recommended old ovas and movies
archive.nyafuu.org/wsr/thread/125532/

i haven't seen much from there but i recommend five star stories, patlabor, tenshi no tamago and most of the macross series
>>
>>245531
Fantastic list!

Is there anything newer that's like these anime, or should I just stick to all the old shit?
>>
>>245496
Gunbuster.
>>
Since you're more into older shows if you managed to miss "Attack on Titan" then for the love of god give it a try.

As well as the recently ended first season of "Drifters" (same author as Hellsing)
>>
>>245554
most of the new mech i've seen was made in 3d
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HhwXxjiqDEU

i do recommend the rebuild of evangelion movies, some people hated it but the visuals and overall quality is great i m o
>>
Yamato 2199 for the classic feel, maybe?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.