[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would I be able to remove the jpg artifacts from this pixel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 298578VisuelAfficheGameStory.jpg (4MB, 3500x2622px) Image search: [Google]
298578VisuelAfficheGameStory.jpg
4MB, 3500x2622px
How would I be able to remove the jpg artifacts from this pixel image?

I was thinking of redrawing it manually but that would take weeks.
>>
I don't know if it's out there or not.
Here's the relevant pages from google:
http://www.grandpalais.fr/fr/presse/game-story-une-histoire-du-jeu-video
http://www.grandpalais.fr/fr/evenement/game-story
>>
>>243703
I was more asking for any designers to remove the jpg artifacts, I have no clue why they would save pixel art as a jpg.

Since it's pixel art, would it be possible to import it into a pixel art program? Thus removing the jpg artifcats
>>
File: 1483134905416.jpg (207KB, 474x732px) Image search: [Google]
1483134905416.jpg
207KB, 474x732px
>>243705
There are programs for pixel art specifically? Huh.
No, I sincerely doubt there's some extra data in the image file to be read by a specific image-editing program. 4chan itself checks for extra data before it allows you to upload it.
I share your incredulity at the jpg thing, but I don't know of any "good" way to fix it. Maybe someone else can chime in, but I doubt there's an easy solution.
>>
>>243753
I was thinking something along the lines of making a grid overlapping the image then recoloring each individual cell.

This is what I assumed those pixel are programs do.
>>
bumpin
>>
Bimp
>>
>>243651
Covert to LAB colorspace, then apply Gaussian blur to A und B channel. Keep the L channel unchanged.
>>
Mail the designers, politely asking them to repost the image as PNG along with an explanation as to why JPG is unsuitable for pixel art such as their picture.
>>
>>244534
Thanks family, will try

>>244567
The designers are french and the exhibit closed in 2012, it's a long shot.
I luckily got a poster when I visited the museum back then but wanted a print for my friend.
>>
>>243651

You can also try programs that can trace the bitmap image and create a vector picture from it.
>>
>>244907
Any recommendations?
>>
>>244910

Well i know that Flash can do that pretty well, but it seems like too big of a program for this task and i haven't tried any other so i really can't say.

There seems to be even some online options for this, but i have no clue how much you can control the conversion. Just try to google "converting bitmap to a vector" or "tracing bitmap image to a vector"
>>
File: gamestop.png (1MB, 1134x850px) Image search: [Google]
gamestop.png
1MB, 1134x850px
>>243651
I figured out the exact dimensions of the pixel image and removed some major jpeg artifacts. You can touch up some other parts.
>>
>>243651
Who the hell would save something like this in JPG?! It would likely take up less space as PNG while being better quality. This kinda shit makes me vomit.
>>
>>244941
If you're a high-volume public-facing site, the benefits of a standard workflow outweigh the benefits of being able to optimise the one shitty "retro" pixel-art image your site encounters each decade.
>>
>>244955
I was referring to why some pixelart artists does this.
>>
>>244928
Damnnn, good shit homie, thanks. Going to print this now

What did you use?
>>
>>244928
got a version without the text?

>french
>>
>>244971
Just paint.net
I figured out how many pixels made up the width and resized it, then selected all whites/greys/blacks/greens and made them the same color.
>>
>>244957
Ignorance?
Easy proof of creatorship by showing the png?
>>
>>245392
I think the answer you're looking for is "so feckless cunts like OP can't pirate it at print resolution".
>>
Ooo
>>
>>245556
what did you mean by this
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.