[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recommend me a series that's as good as Legend of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 11

File: Ginga_Eiyuu_Densetsu2.jpg (44KB, 400x376px) Image search: [Google]
Ginga_Eiyuu_Densetsu2.jpg
44KB, 400x376px
Recommend me a series that's as good as Legend of the Galactic Heroes
>>
Amagami SS
>>
There isn't any

Theres anime, then theres LoGH therefore seeking an anime superior or an par to LoGH is fruitless it was a one-off a one of its kind masterpiece and you will only find disappointment if you try to find some other series to match its greatness.

Rail Wars! comes close though.
>>
Crest/banner of stars.
>>
K-On!
>>
Naruto
>>
Fate
>>
>>2432
Sisyphean task m8
If you're looking for something that comes close:
Serial Experiments Lain
Haibane Renmei
Berserk (read the manga)
Neon Genesis Evangelion + End of Evangelion
Paranoia Agent
Welcome to the NHK
SDF Macross
>>
cant
>>
Any 19th century russian book really
Better story, as much characters and better animation
>>
>>3171
I second this. One of the best space opera's since.
>>
File: 2001-nights-2256555.jpg (380KB, 800x1213px) Image search: [Google]
2001-nights-2256555.jpg
380KB, 800x1213px
>>2432
Read 2001 Nights. It's a manga about space exploration, that, while not AS good as LoGH, it's still one of my favorite series and I legitimately felt emotions while reading it. Not to mention it has a very serious adult tone and a lack of what would be considered the typical manga artstyle, so that makes it stand out at least somewhat.
>>
>>3171
Thirding this. That series is so good. The author came up with new languages for the story. Shame there will never be a new series.
>>
>>2580
>Rail Wars! comes close though.

Don't take that reply seriously, OP.
I love trains, but that show is mere garbage.
>>
>>5992
That's because the show isn't about trains. Shit just happens to occur on or around trains.
>>
i want to start watching this show

it has so many episodes its daunting though
>>
>>6030
Is the best part of it. In episode 100 they still presenting new characters and things like that. I said 110 episodes are not enought
>>
File: star-blazers.jpg (158KB, 640x832px) Image search: [Google]
star-blazers.jpg
158KB, 640x832px
>>2432

And nobody mentions "Space Battleship Yamato". Fucking newfags, don't know classic space opera.

Seriously, anything by Leiji Matsumoto is pure win. "Captain Harlock" and "Galaxy Express 999" are also awesome.

Noboru Ishiguro, the director of "LotGH", also did "Orguss", "Megazone 23" and "Tytania". You could start there.
>>
>>3171
It's okay, but it's not nearly as good.
>>
FL Cooly
>>
There isn't.
>>
>>6236
Well, there are side stories, so there's more than 110.
>>
>>6846
The anime "Tytania" is unfinished shit.
>>
>>7812

Unfortunate, by the OP it looked really cool.
>>
>>8066
Try Arslan Senki. It's getting a second season.
>>
File: anime-space-operas-v3.png (7MB, 4043x2473px) Image search: [Google]
anime-space-operas-v3.png
7MB, 4043x2473px
>>5395
Yea, it's a shame. For some reason I thought they did a movie but I guess not. Have yet to see the 2 BotS III episodes.
>>
>>6030
That's probably the best part about the show; it's a "binger" heaven.
>>
File: 50435.jpg (43KB, 225x315px) Image search: [Google]
50435.jpg
43KB, 225x315px
>>8180
what's the show directly under where it says "Space Journey"?

I know a lot of people don;t agree with me but I thought "Heroic Age" was really, really good. They should add it between Galactic Conflict and Mecha Combat, though they are biological mech.
>>
>>2432
LoGH is not that good. Of course history and music are great, but everything else is just mediocre.

When you start watching and understanding more about anime, you will know what I'm talking about.
>>
>>2432
Monster might interest you. It's pretty long but once you get into it it's very addicting.
>>
File: cca03.jpg (59KB, 300x162px) Image search: [Google]
cca03.jpg
59KB, 300x162px
>>2432
Mobile Suit Gundam, Universal Century Timeline chronological order.

Gundam Unicorn is by far the best show in the UC Timeline (under the assumption that you've seen everything before it I'm chronological UC Timeline order) and is well worth the watch. I recommend getting into Gundam once "Gundam THE Origin" is finished, which is propably within a year.

Being recognised as one of the (of not the greatest) space operas out there, I sincerely wish that you give this one a shot.

If you want to start out with something nice albeit simple, start off with 08th MS team, following a group of soldiers on Earth fighting against each-other during the one year war portrayed in the original series MSG.

If you don't care too much about visual quality matching today's standards then either start off with the original MSG anime, or the 3 compilation movies that all do a great job at enhancing the show's older visual quality whilst refraining from cutting away too much content.

I hope you have fun exploring the timeless classic known as Mobile Suit Gundam, I hope you enjoy it!
>>
>>8192
Towards the Terra

And yeah I agree, Heroic Age was pretty good.
>>
File: 1357777658235.png (473KB, 660x720px) Image search: [Google]
1357777658235.png
473KB, 660x720px
>>8598
>chronological order
Why are you doing this?
>>
>>6846
Tytania is shit, I don't recommend it.
>>
>>8283
calm your tits cuppy
>>
>>8307
Monster is boring
>>
There really aren't any, and these days people have strayed away from this sort of show completely in favor of retarded moeblobs and pure fan service, so it's highly unlikely we'll ever get another one. Thank the japanese otakus for having shit taste and for all the western weebs to follow suit.
>>
File: 1431890424604.jpg (29KB, 553x484px) Image search: [Google]
1431890424604.jpg
29KB, 553x484px
>>3171
Thanks, just marathon'd Crest of the Stars since I was home sick anyway.
Breddy gud/10
>>
File: Calm Down.png (170KB, 500x274px) Image search: [Google]
Calm Down.png
170KB, 500x274px
>>10146
Anon, anon, anon. People will like what they like. Free will demands it.
>>
>>8820
Because just like every other way of getting into gundam, I like to think that the chronologicsl UC timeline chose you, anon.
>>
>>2432
>LoGH
>good
When will this meme end?
>>
>>10798
Pleb pls
>>
Princess Tutu
>>
>>8967
Tytania isn't shit. I have watched it and would regret it, if I hadn't.

That said, it plays in a completely different (lower) league.
>>
Impossible
>>
File: 1370352836403.png (440KB, 626x962px) Image search: [Google]
1370352836403.png
440KB, 626x962px
>>6846
>orguss

You're shitting me.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.