[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for visual novels. So i downloaded Katawa Shoujo since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 2288.png (614KB, 641x991px) Image search: [Google]
2288.png
614KB, 641x991px
Looking for visual novels.

So i downloaded Katawa Shoujo since it was for free and it was my very first Visual novel.
I did like the setting (although it wasn´t to important for me) the general art style and the development of the Chars.
The only thing i didn´t like was the fact that you couldn´t finish one route in like 3-4 Hours (one per day, after work) (im a not native english speaking)

Now i was thinking about buying a visual novel but i am a little afraid to buy the wrong product so i thought i might ask here what to do.
>>
give me a few minutes, I've got a pretty good infographic
>>
>>243194
Thank you kindly
>>
Some good beginner VNs are Grisaia no Kajitsu, Clannad, and Fate/Stay Night. These are not quick games though, they take a while to complete, especially F/SN.

You can buy Grisaia and Clannad on Steam if you want, though the steam version of Grisaia is heavily censored (if that sort of thing bothers you). F/SN has no official English translation so you'll have to buy it in Japanese and manually patch it with the fan translation. VNs can get really expensive if you buy them from Japan though.

There's always piracy, all these games are easily obtainable for free through very easy methods. In the case of F/SN I'd actually recommend piracy over legitimate purchase since it's much easier than trying to patch a legit copy of the game yourself. Oh and supposedly an official English 18+ version of Grisaia is going to be done by Denpasoft in the future, they've done unrated versions of other censored visual novels released in the west as well so I have every confidence they'll deliver eventually. In the meantime you'll have to pirate the game if you want sex scenes.

If you end up pirating, use mofumoe.org to start with
>>
>>243197
still looking, don't give up on me yet
>>
>>243200
>Grisaia no Kajitsu
> Clannad

I watched the animes on these... still worth buying them? Are the story and the chars better? or is the same?
>>
>>243206
Adaptations as a general rule decay from the source material, and I'd say the visual novel versions are definitely better for both of these titles. Especially for Grisaia. They had to cut out a lot of material in the anime, and not just the lewd stuff.
>>
>>243206
>>243207
Oh and if you want alternative titles, try Muv Luv, Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, and maybe Steins;Gate.
>>
>>243183
guy who mentioned infographics, they're all eroge novels
>>
>>243213
Muv Luv, 23.99€ woooo i ain´t shittin money mate.
seems like i have to wait for it to be on sale
>>
>>243216
Well it won´t hurt to have a look, right?
>>
File: 1432894043246.jpg (2MB, 2600x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1432894043246.jpg
2MB, 2600x2000px
>>243218
I guess not.
>>
>>243220
no wait I'm retarded, those aren't all eroge
>>
>>243217
That's cheap for a VN man. Piracy might be the way to go. You'll have more options anyway.
>>
File: Gestohlen.jpg (7MB, 4909x6868px) Image search: [Google]
Gestohlen.jpg
7MB, 4909x6868px
Well i guess it has been two persons who helped me out.

To both of you: Thank you very much for your help i really appreciate it.
i wish you all the best luck for the new year.
>>
>>243229
happy new years, brud
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.