[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My ISP suspended my account today because of a few songs/tv shows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (134KB, 1200x512px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
134KB, 1200x512px
My ISP suspended my account today because of a few songs/tv shows I've gotten warnings for over the past few years. They told me to uninstall bit torrent and any further copyright infringement will result in them terminating my account. They gave me a list of everything that was copyright infringement, and none of it included the hundreds of gigs of anime I download per year.

Would it be safe to continue torrenting anime, or is it possible that my ISP will be more closely monitoring my traffic from this point on? I mostly only download currently airing shows, not like Studio Ghibli movies or anything thats been licensed here.
>>
Get a VPN. But your ISP won't likely be monitoring you since you're probably one of thousands who pirate shit.

Are you seeding? Because if you are then stop that shit immediately. Make sure to remove the torrents right after the download is completed.
>>
>>243151
I usually seed anime, but the songs that I downloaded last night I deleted as soon as the torrent finished. What VPN would you recommend? Hopefully one that isn't expensive.
>>
>>243151

They recently invented these things called competers or something if I recall correctly, allegedly they can perform tasks millions of times faster than a person and they can be used to crunch huge amounts of data in short times. If these competers are real they might just be able to create some sort of central information entity where they log everything you do, and they might effectively be able to monitor everything everyone does and then apply filters to search for specific patterns.

>>243149

Change ISP and they'll retain you with a discount and ass kissing before you actually cancel them.
>>
>>243153
>Change ISP and they'll retain you with a discount and ass kissing before you actually cancel them.
I'm stuck in a contract with them for another 6 months
>>
Learn how to use xdcc fo downloading anime

Torguard vpn is only $30 per year if you use the promotional code at checkout

https://torguard.net/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=1

Promotional Code: TGLifetime50
>>
>>243153
>this long smart ass spiel about databases

I know that. But OP was asking if they'll be "closely monitoring" his traffic which is what I was referring to.
>>
>is it possible that my ISP will be more closely monitoring my traffic from this point on?
this is what they're doing already. they probably don't have any idea what you are torrenting, just that you are torrenting. and they are assuming that you are torrenting copyrighted material. you could possibly try to convince them that you're torrenting non-copyrighted material, but i doubt they'll care.
>>
>>243161
Would getting the VPN like >>243156 said hide it?
>>
1. follow your ISP's advice and uninstall Bittorrent. It's not a wonder you were busted when you were using that shit. Get Deluge or qBittorrent instead.

2. Your ISP is not actively monitoring all your traffic. They likely do not even give a fuck about the piracy they've busted you for. You were busted because the copyright holders of the stuff you pirated were monitoring the torrents and sent a request to your ISP to take punitive actions against you. In other words: you only get busted if the copyright holder can be assed to monitor their shit and send complaints to the ISPs for the various IP addresses they find torrenting their shit. The reason anime doesn't get busted is because the copyright holders are either too small time to bother monitoring torrents (such as licensing companies) or are Japanese and don't know how to contact western (presumably American or European) internet companies.

TL;DR anime is safe for the foreseeable future and your ISP does not really give a fuck about what you download they only care about getting angry letters from copyright holders.

3. If you're paranoid then just start using DDL methods or XDCC for all your media, or shell out money for a VPN (free ones are worthless).
>>
>>243180
So let's get this straight: the three anime providers (one of which is Netflix) can make a worldwide CDN and bill customers and negotiate copyright licenses in fifty countries, but they can't serve a simple DMCA complaint because they're "too small"?

Get real.

The reason you're still on the Internet is because they've decided not to go after you.

This could change at any time. This could change today.
>>
>>243203
>but they can't serve a simple DMCA complaint because they're "too small"?
They can't serve DMCA complaint because they're too small to monitor torrent trackers. That shit requires dedicated surveillance, it costs money. Most companies rely on 3rd party contractors to do it for them so they don't have to bother with the overhead for the operation themselves. Even so, that's a whole chunk of money dedicated to stopping piracy that may or may not have any real benefit toward your revenue stream. Can you begin to understand why only very, very large companies have the kind of capital to throw at this kind of operation? As big as Netflix is now, I don't think they consider it a worthy investment considering they've managed exponential growth despite the existence of piracy all this time alongside them.

So yeah. Avoid pirating anything that has the fingers of extremely large powerful multinational corporations in it and you're good.
>>
File: 4L_GvIoLsp6.jpg (150KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
4L_GvIoLsp6.jpg
150KB, 768x576px
>>243222
>it costs money
They literally seed, themselves, more data than nyaa and xdcc. You think this is an underground hobby? For each of you there's a dozen people who stream nurutu and one-piece straight to their TV.

They do this from a CDN built in-house, because you can't buy in a CDN. You have to build one yourself. Only a handful of companies in the world serve data on this scale, and most people can name the ones that do.

The big three literally built their own system from nothing that delivers streaming video to dozens of countries, and serves it to clients they wrote from nothing for multiple platforms. They have an in-house legal departments that clear the content for each country, and accounting departments that bill subscribers across the world.

But sure, they can't join a swarm and collect a bunch of IPs because it "takes money". One of them could do this tomorrow.
>>
>>243155
Ahahaha. Oh damn bad luck bro. But they dont log anime as you said but i reckon you should still just use DDL horrible subs to be safe desu senpai, thay is, if your just watching bew cutrently airing shit.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.