[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How far away should I put my CRT television from a minifridge?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: images-2.jpg (8KB, 196x120px) Image search: [Google]
images-2.jpg
8KB, 196x120px
How far away should I put my CRT television from a minifridge? I know it is not a good idea to put it directly on top because warping, but if I seperate it by, say, five inches via a VHS storage thing, will it be far enough away from the fridge to not distort the screen at all? Thanks.
>>
>>240903
if it's left-right, then 15 cm should do it
if it's top-down, then 25 cm should do it
>>
>>241344
Okay, thank you a ton! Any other opinions?
>>
>>241410
Why would it matter?

All a fridge has in it is a motor, and they're usually at the bottom.

There's no way either device can permanently damage the other, and if the motor interferes with your CRT's scanning, that's how you know it needs to be further away.
>>
>>240903
my parents have an old tv on top of their fridge or right by it sometimes, in the kitcken for more than 15 years and it works like it's new( both the tv and the fridge) you should be fine
>>
>>241423
>>241442
Well, I have previously discovered that placing my CRT to the side of it for about two weeks has caused a very slight black bulge of the edge and white fuzziness on that side of the screen. At least, that must be it. I don't think there could have been anything else. And it wasn't like that beforehand.

So I just want to be safe if I put it on top. I mean, fridges are magnetic after all, yeah? I will probably try it soon on the top, seperating it with a few things just to be safe, I don't really see why it would be damaged either, but like I said, just beimg safe since it seems to me like it was somehow damaged by sitting right next to the fridge (with not really any space at all in between).
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (538KB, 2849x1890px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
538KB, 2849x1890px
>>241734
>fridges are magnetic after all, yeah?
No.

- There's a plastic magnet around the outside of the seal that holds the seal shut.
- There's a magnet and a coil inside the compressor, and that's it.

Other than those two, there are no magnets anywhere in a fridge.

The shell of the compressor is iron, which helps keep the magnetic field from the motor from getting out. Plastic magnets, as used in door seals and fridge magnets, are made of hundreds of tiny magnets that interfere with each other to strengthen the field in one single direction, and weaken it in every other direction. This means they can use less magnet for the same pull, which is cheaper; that it makes less magnetic mess is a happy side-effect.
>>
>>241741
Huh, interesting. So what I'm getting from this is that even if the fridge was responsible for messing up the side of the display that tiny bit, any significant magnetic force from the fridge would be too far away to do anything at all if I set the CRT on top? Thank you anon
>>
>>241734
>I mean, fridges are magnetic after all, yeah?
no
>>
>>241887
just so you know, your tv produces a magnetic field, probably best to keep vhs tapes away from it
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.