[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm really bad at computers, so bear with me. I just bought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Star_Wars_Battlefront_II_wallpap.jpg (141KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Star_Wars_Battlefront_II_wallpap.jpg
141KB, 1024x768px
I'm really bad at computers, so bear with me. I just bought Battlefront 2 on steam, and I'm trying to play it on my laptop, but it's not playable. I use a touchpad mouse, and it keeps stopping while I'm playing. I can't aim or shoot, it's just unplayable. I'm not home for a week so I won't have my wired mouse until then, which I think would probably be the fix but idk. Any help is greatly appreciated.
>>
When I pay for a game, I expect support from the devs. I want to play what I fucking bought. The Steam threads don't say anything about this issue, at all?
>>
>>240874
I've been having a look but I can't find anything that fixes my problem.
>>
Dunno if this helps, but it kind of plays like the old RE games, I can walk but I can't look when I walk, and I can't shoot when I walk. I have to stop and wait a couple seconds, then start aiming, then stop aiming, then shoot. This is pissing me off.
>>
Well I got my hands on a mouse, guess it just doesn't like my touch pad.
>>
>>240916
I also had a similar problem with Counter Strike Source back in the day. the touchpad mouse that was on the laptop would glitch out/stop working when I was using the keyboard as well. I'm guessing the touchpad doesn't work well in games when you are using the keyboard at the same time as the touchpad mouse. Never found a solution to it, I just got a regular mouse.
>>
>>240874
Of course they don't.

No-one plays an FPS with a touchpad.

>>240871
OP, you might as well be trying to play it with a graphics tablet or a wiimote. You can't play FPS games with a touchpad, and it's not the touchpad's fault.

Spend some time with your family, and the game will still be there when you're reunited with your mouse.
>>
I assume you're using windows

Got to Settings > Devices > Mouse & Touchpad

Set the box under touch pad to No Delay
>>
>>240877
This is a feature of touchpads (synaptics calls it "palmcheck"). They disable themselves whilst you're typing, so you don't move the mouse with your wrists.

You can turn it off in the control panel, but really you should get a mouse.
>>
>>240941
Yeah, I'm not saying I'd enjoy playing with the touchpad, but it was my only way of playing and getting my nostalgia boner from battlefront 2. >>240944
Thanks, this is actually helpful to know.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.