[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm a new fag but can somebody show me some tricks on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

So I'm a new fag but can somebody show me some tricks on how to get a little bit better here?
>>
>>239875
Leave your name as anon, read the rules, look up words you don't know, and get familiar with each boards culture. BTW this really belongs on /adv/
>>
write "pic related/unrelated" if the picture you posted relates or doesn't relate to the text you wrote
>>
>>239875
Just be yourself
And don't post recommendation threads on /a
>>
>>239879
>and get familiar with each boards culture
This is a big one I'd say, definitely do that
>>
Guys thank you so much
>>
>>239911
but don't name yourself Anon just leave the name blank
>>
>>239911
check'd

I just hope you at least know what that means
>>
>>239875
Don't use a name on the more volatile boards like /b/ and /pol/, or if you're dicking around, most of the time. Don't go to /adv/, because their advice is shit. If you want real advice find one of /lit/'s "Write what's on your mind" threads, or anywhere that's not /adv/.
Always read the stickie before posting.

>>239895
>>239897
>>239913
>>239893
And what these guys said.

Just stick with the classic 4chan philosophy: "nothing should be taken seriously," and have fun.
People are going to give you shit, the trick is to realize that you're in a sewer, and laugh.
>>
File: DON'T PANIC..png (125KB, 240x300px) Image search: [Google]
DON'T PANIC..png
125KB, 240x300px
Guys you forgot the most important things
Lurk more
Actually you should lurk at least half a year before posting but please at least read the thread before posting in it.
Don't trust everything anons say. Don't trust all links anons post. Try to recognize what's "bait" and what's not. Don't get "triggered", if people recognize you are mad entire thread will turn into shitting on you.
>>
>>239875
>>240118

One of the more important rules is don't tripfag unless you have a very good reason, such as a regular content producer in a specific thread. This poster is a good example of how exactly not to conduct yourself because it makes you seem like an attention whore redditor.

>>240157
>half a year
Since when has it been half a year?

2 years was the generally accepted period you should lurk and not post and there's no good reason to change it.
>>
File: 1377821134535.gif (2MB, 310x325px) Image search: [Google]
1377821134535.gif
2MB, 310x325px
Lurking is the most important thing. You will learn a lot just by listening, and be a better poster for doing so. That's good life advice, honestly. The less you talk and the more you listen, the more you'll learn how to not be a newfag.

The second most important thing to do is to learn how to google. That seems to be a skill many people lack. If you don't know something, google before asking. If you want source on an image, click the little arrow up by the post number. It links you to image searching sites.

The third most important thing to do is to never ever respond to bait. Bait would be posts that are crafted to elicit a response from someone. It doesn't matter how tempting it is to argue with them, they don't actually care about the argument. They just want your response. Don't give it to them. Along with that, use the report function. People will tell you that it's pointless and doesn't work so don't bother, but its pointless and doesn't work because people don't bother. Its a self fulfilling prophecy. So yeah, report people.

One thing I think is important is to not spoonfeed people. Spoonfeeding would be giving the source to something like an image that is really easy to search for. Spoonfeeding leaves people as stupid, lazy newfags. You have to learn to fend for yourself. Again, important for life. Obviously, its okay to give source in designated source-giving areas like this board.

As others have said, anonymity is important. Using a name or a trip without a good reason is heavily frowned upon, because it implies that their posts are worthy of being kept track of. Tripfags put themselves on a pedestal. Feel free to knock em off as much as you like. Just for having that attitude alone, they are shitters.

I would also say to avoid /pol/, /b/, /r9k/, and probably /v/. They're all filled with shitposting, and worse, will suck you in if you stay there too long. Especially /r9k/. You don't wanna be like them.

Most importantly, have fun.
>>
>>239875
Lurk at least 3 years before posting newfag
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.