[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my computer broke. Does anyone know a place I can go online for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 640x1136px
my computer broke. Does anyone know a place I can go online for free that will assist me in fixing it? If not can anyone here look through Google to help me find an online place that can help me? I don't have a job so if I can't fix this I will have to spend all my Christmas money on a new computer that's really bad in the 150 dollar range and I won't get any gifts for Christmas. Pic not related since I can't save pics on this phone
>>
Here is some additional info to help you find an answer on google or to help me fix it ITT

My computer had an overheating problem and needed a room fan blowing into the vent to keep it from shutting down. Sometimes I would block the vent without realizing by putting something on my desk and it would overheat. If I put the fan back on it would start up again.

This time however I blocked the vent and it shut off and won't turn all the way back on. It turns on but nothing shows up on the screen even with an external moniter. Already checked to see if the moniter is connected right and it is and it worked before.
>>
>>238865
Take your computer outside at noon when it's light, and take a photo of the inside of it. Make sure it's in focus, and not smeared, and any visible text is legible.

Post it here, and we'll have something to go on that's not "my computer done broke".
>>
>>238868
I can't take a picture of the inside of it atm because none of my tools can open it.
>>
Is it a laptop or a desktop?
>>
It is a laptop. Oh and if no one here can answer the question then can I get help finding a tech support website where people can help me? I can't find one on Google arm. Tech world was an option but I can't sign up to their forums through my phone
>>
>Google arm
Meant to say Google at the moment. Phone auto corrected
>>
>>238896
>It is a laptop.
You fucked it.

Why in the shit didn't you fix it when the cooling was failing, rather than failed?

One or more of your processor, processor socket, GPU, or northbridge has overheated and failed.

If you're lucky you'll only need a new processor and cooler, but you probably need a new motherboard.
>>
>>238906
I have no money to repair it so I had to make due with what I had. I don't think I ruined it by overheating it though. I've used software to check what the internal temperature was with the room fan blowing into the vent and it was normal temp. Would be weird if I fucked it from only letting it overheat a few times imo
>>
>>238926

Sorry, Anon, but it does sound pretty terminal. I've had two laptops die through overheating that I could have probably saved by cleaning out all the crap that collects in the radiator fins.

Is it a HP laptop? They are prone to die through overheating. The mobo gets so hot that it causes the solder to "reflow", which is a pretty bad thing to happen when the laptop is powered up.

Are you getting any flashing lights on the keyboard?
>>
Obviously you can't do this now because it's already broken, but what I did to stop my laptop from overheating and shutting off was place it on top of some books. The fan is on the left side of my laptop so I put a book underneath that covered the whole right side of the laptop and another book that covered about half of the left side of the laptop but did not cover the fan so that the fan wasn't covered and sort of just floating.
>>
>>238926
Are you retarded? I bet you think that the computer can be cooled using a mini USB fan
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.