[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking to buy myself one of those fancy smart tv's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1470872263906.gif (489KB, 480x262px) Image search: [Google]
1470872263906.gif
489KB, 480x262px
I'm looking to buy myself one of those fancy smart tv's that allows you to use the internet and stuff. Quick question (maybe a dumb question): can you use such a television to access streaming websites (like kissanime) and watch anime on your tv? What about torrented anime, can you torrent anime through your tv or do you need to torrent them on your computer, put them on a USB drive and then watch them from your tv (assuming it has a USB port)?

I'm asking it here because I doubt this question belongs on either /a/ or /g/.
>>
>>238582
Buy a regular TV and use a Chromecast or other stick instead. Smart TV software can sometimes become outdated/incompatible with services with no future updates.
>>
I can try to watch kissanime later on a smart tv in a few hours for you but its definitly impossible to do bittorrent since smart tvs only have like 1gb of space which is mostly used for 'apps'. Actually, there might be a bittorent app or some shit you can use and download to a usb plugged in but I doubt it though. Seems tedious as fuck to even if there is as you would have to navigate with a tv remote.
>>
>>238587
Thanks for the suggestion. Hadn't considered chromecasts yet.

>>238588
>I can try to watch kissanime later on a smart tv in a few hours
Thanks, I'd really appreciate the effort. I'm probably going to sleep in half an hour or so, but I'll certainly see your report when I wake up tomorrow.

>but its definitly impossible to do bittorrent since smart tvs only have like 1gb of space which is mostly used for 'apps'
I was actually thinking more of torrenting an anime on my computer, putting the video files on a USB stick (or external harddrive) and linking that up to the tv. I was wondering if that'd work.
>>
A while back I bought a Roku. Though the primary reason was to watch Netflix on my TV, I also set up a PLEX server on my computer to view all my torrented shows through my wireless connection on the TV. It even has an app to view content from sites such as kissanime.
>>
>>238582
Fire TV runs Kodi like a champ.
>>
>>238588
my mum just bought a smart tv.. and it has a bunch of USB ports in the back. and it accepts thumbdrives.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.