[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So i bought an samsung s4 from ebay, the repair shop first said

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Galaxy-S4-ATT.jpg (164KB, 550x531px) Image search: [Google]
Galaxy-S4-ATT.jpg
164KB, 550x531px
So i bought an samsung s4 from ebay, the repair shop first said it was fake, when i took it again later they said that it is an american version and they dont have the parts to repair it.
They told me that i should change the motherboard on it or a find a shop that repairs american versions.

TLDR; bought an AT&T samsung s4, stopped working (doesn't detect the SIM at all), what kind of motherboard is needed for an AT&T s4.
Thing i have tried:
• Stucking a piece of foam on the sim connector (that seems to fix the problem for some people)
• Trying a different SIM
• Restoring to factory settings
>>
>>23790
so those have shitty connectors to the sim card slot.
did you put the foam shim on the connecting ribbon? and how comfortable are you removing, cleaning and reseating that connection?

also some guy did this
>In removing the light gray bezel inside the back cover, I noted there were several modular plugs with scores of tiny connectors beneath. (it should be noted that chrome outer bezel around perimeter of phone disconnects from the rest of the phone by snapping off as a part of the gray internal bezel) I got my hands on some electronics contact cleaner (typically freon) and lightly sprayed each connector after I carefully pried each individually loose. I gently re-pressed each one - one at a time - back into place, and repeated several times while the contact cleaner was still wet and present and not yet evaporated. This should have shined up each contact and it's corresponding socket receptor. There were 5 or 6 of these ribbon cable terminal contacts all over the mother board and I repeated the process for each. They look somewhat like a centipede when you pull them up with all the tiny legs hanging down. Be very careful not to bend them when re-inserting. Press evenly across the terminal contacts surface to re-plug cable into socket. Thus far, and it's been 3 hours since having done this, no issues with SIM card again

but i'm not sure what those look like inside exactly and i don't feel like watching a disassembly vid.
>>
>>23836
and try this
>saw the post that recommended removing the two screws above the battery
>>
File: thisisit.jpg (640KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
thisisit.jpg
640KB, 1536x2048px
>>23836
>>23846
Really appreciate it man, thanks.
The foam is located bottom left of the camera, a little piece of paper is sticking out.
>>
>>23883
that's your memory slot, not your sim slot.
>>
>>23883
if you were putting your simcard in there rather than where it says "sim card" then i think we've discovered the issue.
>>
>>23898
>>23902

I have put the sim in the sim slot, the point of the foam is to put pressure on the the connector on something, it was instructed like that on reddit and what was a solution to most peoples problems (not mine tho)
>>
>>23919
well maybe that's the endpoint of the ribbon connection. try taking the two screws above the battery out, if that doesn't do it then i'd strip down the connection and clean it up, maybe reconnect with some meticulously applied conductive paste, but those are defective, bad design or materials. a working phone would be cheaper than a new motherboard.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.