[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In your high school for the new semester did they display everyone's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1285.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1285.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
In your high school for the new semester did they display everyone's names on a board to show who was in what class? For me it was always me getting my scheduler individually and not knowing who was in the class until I entered.

Can I also get an example of your class system, like mine was 4 blocks (classes)

I'm working on a web comic where I'm mixing western and eastern culture vs the school setting, basically taking the most interesting things about both cultures. Eastern style schools tend to have more shit going on than western ones though. The only thing I like about western schools is that the students change classes and have a small freedom period between switching instead of students remaining in the same room all day and teachers switching classes. This also makes classrooms more personalized for different teachers.
>>
No they don't display any names,
in the Netherlands you don't even have class with the same people everytime. Each student has a different shedule, and they have to go to a different classroom everytime. There are classes that every student has to follow, Dutch Language and Literature, PE, English Language and literature, And you have those with your "regular class" but next to that you have subjects you chose and each of them are planned differently.

You get a break between two lessons. And also both teachers and students change classrooms.

hope this helped
>>
>>237573
>In your high school for the new semester did they display everyone's names on a board to show who was in what class?
Nope. We usually got our schedules in the mail.

>Can I also get an example of your class system, like mine was 4 blocks (classes)
My Alma mater had a weird scheduling system compared to other school districts. The years were split in half and you'd have 4 classes one half of the year and 4 different classes the second half. There were a few exceptions for classes that needed a whole year to teach a subject, but there weren't that many.

>The only thing I like about western schools is that the students change classes and have a small freedom period between switching instead of students remaining in the same room all day and teachers switching classes.
If I remember correctly, we would have a 5 or 10 minute passing period to get to the next classroom with an entirely different roster of students / teacher. Occasionally you'll share the two or more classes with a few other students, but never with an entire class. On the other hand, teachers had their own personal classrooms (in highschool at least), so they didn't have to move. Teachers could teach multiple subjects, so it's possible to not have to change classrooms at all, though you are still granted the passing period time to do whatever you wanted. After some classes you'd get a lunch break that lasted like 45min-1hr, or something like that. They didn't really care what we did during that time, but if we wanted to leave campus, we'd have to get it approved at the front office or something.

>This also makes classrooms more personalized for different teachers.
This was the case from my experience.
>>
>>237575
>>237577
Thanks guys that hella helped
>>
>>237573

USA

no, I believe they handed out schedules in person....we had a designated classroom/group we would go to in the mornings when there was something special happening, like schedule changes, then we would go on to our normal classes

if I remember right, the first two years, the classes were all picked for us, but the last 2 years, we had some flexibility about choosing elective classes and even some of the core classes; ie. picking journalism which would count as an english class credit, or choosing to take the "normal" or "advanced" classes

I think in middle school the schedules changed twice (3 different schedules total) per year, but in highschool, it only changed once (2 total schedules) per year

in middle school, the days were divided into 7 blocks, with one for lunch/recess, and in high school it was divided into 5, again with one for lunch...I believe both had 3 different lunch periods (to handle the number of people), and everyone was randomly put into one of the groups

if you want to know more, just ask...
>>
In USA

We got our schedules when we registered about a month previous of the start of the school year. Typically kids would post a photo of their schedules on social media to compare to friends. But otherwise we waited until classes started.

We had basic classes that we had to take to graduate and then recommended classes if you planned to go to uni. I believe 3 years Phy ED, 3 years Science, 2 years Math, 4 years English, 3 years history, 1 year Health, and 1 year of I think it was called Business Education which dealt with teaching us how to build resumes, interview, etc. Then 2 years of the same foreign language if you wanted to go to uni. They only offered Spanish and German though,

We also only had four blocks a day which I really enjoyed. By my senior year the state required us to have a "homeroom" like setting though so it technically was 5 blocks by then. We had four terms, big classes like English and Science were two terms (1 semester) while things like electives or Phy Ed were 1 term. Some classes varied too depending on content. Like Music could be taken all year if you wanted and AP English four was all year. I doubt you need to know all this but I figured more info the better?
Other than the necessary classes to graduate you could choose the rest of your classes, the school would schedule it out of course.

As for passing time; In between first and second block we had 10 minutes to get to our next class, the reason for the large amount of time was because we had the option to get breakfast in the cafeteria (as well as before school started). After every other class it was either 7 or 5 mins passing time, can't remember.
Typically it was only the students who changed classrooms though.

Hope I helped and wasn't too lengthy.
>>
File: tumblr_odvp7ibFU01tbxz68o1_1280.jpg (379KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_odvp7ibFU01tbxz68o1_1280.jpg
379KB, 1280x720px
I went to 7 schools, so I will just use what school I remember best as my example (I went to 4 elm. schools, 1 mdl, and 2 high schools). At all schools I went to, We went to our homerooms to get our schedules on the first day with our 7 classes on it. We went to 7 classes a day for 2 semesters, some classes lasting 1 semester and some lasting 2. We went to school for 6-8 hours a day (cant remember how long exactly). Almost every class is a teacher standing at the board at front reading from slides on a slideshow taken from the book or they made from the book and, in a monotone voice, read the slides and had us take word-for-word notes on the slides and read from the books, then do a handful of exercises and went home with a LOT of homework.

My last school had trimesters, which works way better, it made me get straight A's instead of straight C's. Even better is the one year of community college I went to so far. I believe the whole small handful of classes, each going on for an hour or two for one semester only works WAY better. Students can focus on the few classes they have and actually learn and remember instead of remember answers in high school, finish the class, then forget everything. High school should be 4 classes each trimester and spend 1.5 hours in each class with homework just being a packet given at the beginning of the week with exercises over everything that will be covered that week due the next Monday when the next one is given out.

=Sorry about the rant, TL;DR read the first part only.=
>>
>>237573
I received my schedule the same way you did. I live in America.
>>
>>237789
Do you live in Virginia
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.