[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I emulate GBA games and play games like Monster HUnter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1471865306953.png (830KB, 792x792px) Image search: [Google]
1471865306953.png
830KB, 792x792px
How do I emulate GBA games and play games like Monster HUnter Generations, Shovel Knight, and Fire Emblem: Conquest for free on my 2DS?
>>
What firmware are you on?
Please tell me it isn't 11.2.
>>
>>236946
it says Ver. 11.0.0-33U
>>
>>237084
>11.0
Better than 11.2, but your options are still extremely limited.
The best way involves having a second 3DS, which is already hacked, so that's probably out of the window for you.
Probably the best option for you would be DSiWare entrypoints, but you must have one of these games:
>Fieldrunners
>Legends of Exidia
>Guitar Rock Tour
>The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords (Anniversary Edition)
However, all of those have been pulled from the eShop.

If you don't have any of those, then your only option is hardmodding.
Do you have good hands, a screwdriver, and a soldering iron?
>>
>>237196
>hardmodding
heh.

When I were a lad, "hardmodding" was permanently connecting a modchip to the console, and merely fiddling with the BIOS was considered "softmodding".

Anyhoo, you don't need to solder shit, sewing pins and blutack will do fine. All you're doing is reading out a flash chip using testpoints that are deliberately designed to be connected to without soldering. Even if the connection is flaky, it doesn't matter because SD is designed to work over flaky connections and has error correction built it.

Think about it: when you put a microSD in your phone, you don't solder it in, do you?

In the factory, the flash chip is programmed by sitting the motherboard down on a pogopin jig (the exact way you'd sit a PS3 Move down on its charger), and programming it through pogopins that just push against the testpoints. That's what they're for.

I still find it bizarre you can't get a third-party pogopin jig for the 3ds the way you can for xboxes and playstations; I imagine it's because you lot are all ascared to even take the back off.
>>
>>237223
I'll admit, I'm not familiar with hardmodding.
I only said that as a joke, I didn't expect anon to be able to hardmod in the first place.
I always softmod my consoles/handhelds.

is op still here anyway
>>
>>237225
If he is, he should follow the guides, except instead of messing with soldering SD adapters, he should just:

- buy a card reader from a dollar store
- solder a bunch of wires to the back of its regular-sized card socket
- solder the other ends to sewing pins (he could use the rainbow-coloured type to tell them apart easier)
- put a blob of blutack on each testpoint, and a big blob nearby, then push the sewing pin through the blutack onto each testpoint

He could test his soldering and refine his blutack technique by blutacking the test pins onto an SD card and seeing if it writes.
>>
>>237225
If he were doing a bunch of them, he'd be better hitting up eBay for some pogopins (100 for $5), and some perspex (~$2), then:

- holding the perspex against a 3DS motherboard, and marking the position of the testpoints with a fine-point sharpie
- drilling the holes out and pushing a pogopin through
- soldering an SD reader to the backside of the pogopins
- mounting the whole lot in the bottom of a 3DS hard case with the top side snapped out

Then reading a 3DS would be as simple as opening the bottom, and pushing the opened 3DS into the case and therefore down onto the pogopins.
>>
I am fairly awful with my hands in regards towards soldering and such, but I appreciate the advice anons.
>>
I'm probably just gonna buy a flash cart
>>
>>237673
There are no flashcarts for 3DS games (yet).
You'll be able to play original NDS games on a 3DS with those, at least.
If you're really desperate for free 3DS games, you can just download Citra.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.