[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Computer illiterate retard fuccboi here. I just reformatted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1477192391698.jpg (61KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1477192391698.jpg
61KB, 720x960px
Computer illiterate retard fuccboi here.

I just reformatted a laptop to downgrade form win10 to win7. I have all the drivers from the manufacture's website saved to a USB thumb drive, but when I plug in the thumb drive nothing happens. I tried both the USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports. I was pretty sure you did not need a driver in order for a newly formatted computer to recognize a flash drive (I've done this before with an older laptop).

I really don't want to head out and buy some blank discs to burn the drivers onto if I can find a way to get my USB drive to be recognized. As if right now, none of the ones I have result in anything after being plugged in. They do flash and blink, indicating power.
>>
>>232428
Check the bios for any relevant settings that might be off, otherwise you're fucked cause the chipset driver isn't installed yet.
>>
>>232428
Windows 7 is not compatible with Skylake. You need to slipstream a USB3 EHCI driver or the setup program won't be able to read its own media.

Windows 7 is not compatible with UEFI, unless you're booting Windows 7 x64 from an actual DVD.

Windows 7 is not signed for Secure Boot, so you must disable Secure Boot in the BIOS if you want to boot Windows 7 or its installer using UEFI.
>>
>>232437
All of which he knows because he's installed it already
>>
>>232428
Yes I've had this problem, either write them to disk or take out the HDD plug it into something else and copy across to c
>>
>>232441
Except if he did, he'd have thought to slipstream an EHCI driver and would have working USB ports.
>>
>>232447
but we are speaking after the fact, hindsight is just a luxury at this stage, you just want to sound like you know what ya talking about without actually helping
>>
>>232461
Yeah, if you knew it beforehand it would be called "foresight".

Suck it up, slipstream and reinstall.
>>
>>232428
- Create Windows 10 USB using free Media Creation Tool
- Copy drivers onto Windows 10 USB
- Boot off Windows 10 USB
- Shift-f10
- copy files over

This will work, because NTFS is NTFS, but Windows 10's hardware support is actually up to date.

Fun fact: Windows 10 USBs can also repair MBR and VBR for Windows all the way back to NT 4.0. It can reinstall NTLDR if you put a copy on the USB in a safe place somewhere. It can restore system image backups made by any Windows back to Vista.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.