[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay so people often argue whether to watch the anime or read

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: lyssna_p_vr_grnsaksrock_631.png (69KB, 322x340px) Image search: [Google]
lyssna_p_vr_grnsaksrock_631.png
69KB, 322x340px
Okay so people often argue whether to watch the anime or read the manga right?

I just wanna know some series where the manga is undeniably better, like you're literally doing yourself a disservice by watching the animated version instead.

Berserk is a good example of this.
>>
Bokurano
Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicle
xxxHOLIC
Dragon Ball
>>
Gantz
>>
Zetman
>>
>>231735
Umineko and Higurashi
Though it is undeniable that the order is
VN >Manga>>>>>>>>>Anime
>>
>>231755
oh god, the last part of the anime was painful to watch
>>
>>231735
hellsing and gto
>>231775
have you seen the last ep of soul eater?
>>
The 1997 Berserk anime is fucking great though. I like it almost as much as the manga.
>>
>>231774
>higurashi
No, that's not undebatable.

The anime as a whole is shitty, but the first season, before they were told they had to toe the line, retcon everything, and make a shitty by-the-numbers clone of the VN, was really good.

It threw out a lot of the namby-pamby shit the VN had, such as
- mundane explanations for all the seemingly supernatural events, despite one of the characters *being a supernatural entity*
- everybody being whiter-than-white, even the wicker god and the sodding yakuza
- the storyline being a steins;gate instead of a space dandy

It's the last point that really rankles: one of the best parts of the first season of the anime was working out how the world worked this arc*, and still knowing that one character doing X would make another one flip their shit, because even though the scenario is different they're the still the same people.

* the later seasons and the VN shitting on all of that and going "lol no misunderstanding" was also pretty shitty.
>>
>>231781
It's foreshadowed, you just have to pay attention.

Episode ~6: "Hey, Soul, are souls tasty?"
Episode 76: Maka, whose father is the Deathscythe, turns out to be a weapon.
>>
>>231789
So you are saying that because an adaptation wasn't different from the source material it was bad?
I read Higurashi after Umineko so I expected a logical explaniation for all the murders and I was able to figure out what was actually going on in Ep 1 and Ep 2
Just because you are a magicfag instead of a mysteryfag doesn't mean that it was shitty
>>
>>231792
No, I'm saying that because it *was* different it *wasn't* bad.

Personally, I thought the first season was a fresh and interesting take on it, and they should have either left the first season be (it's entirely self-contained and doesn't need a sequel), or continued it with the same creative freedom they afforded the first season.

Instead, they retconned everything and then turned it into a slavish adaptation. Which is why the anime, as a whole, is widely considered to be a trainwreck.
>>
Berzerk
Blade of the Immortal
Needless
One Piece
>>
>>231788
This.

Some people don't understand that the 1997 Berserk anime, all 24 episodes, was just a PROLOGUE FOR THE MANGA. Out of all the anime I've watched, this *prologue* tops 98% of all anime series that has been aired ever. (exceptions being Haruhi cause of the movie, and Redline because SPEED)

The Golden Age arc movies were ... an experiment? At least I hope they were. And no one will acknowledge that there was a Berserk 2016 version. In fact, it doesn't exist. I didn't even say anything.

Hopefully after I spend the next 3-4 years of my life in the military, I pray that the Berserk manga should be finished, Haruhi gets a season 3, and finish it all by turning off my brain with HSOTD season 2.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.