[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a PS3/4, 360, PC and 3DS. I've played all the obvious

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1449601374237.webm (829KB, 1080x608px) Image search: [Google]
1449601374237.webm
829KB, 1080x608px
I have a PS3/4, 360, PC and 3DS. I've played all the obvious exclusives, but I need a time sink game for this weekend.

Last time I asked to get rec'd just any game, I got Danganronpa and that was great.
>>
Can you be a little more precise?

First of all:
. what genre do you prefer?
. How much are u willing to pay?
. How long do you want to play it?
. Multiplayer/singleplayer?
. What are you looking for? (great Story, great Gameplay, great Chars... etc.etc)
>>
>>229435
>_360
Outland is way, way better than you'd expect for a games with gold game.
>>
>>229439
>genre
RPG, story heavy or just something overall different. I played Gravity Rush recently and I'm looking for something different like that
>time and money
Up for $40 and I'll be playing it as soon as I get off work to Sunday night. I have nothing to do this weekend
>mp or sp
Definitely Singleplayer. I completely avoid MP games
>what am I looking for
Like I said, something story heavy, great characters would be awesome. I'm burnt out on shooters and turn based RPGs at the moment, so I'm pretty open to a lot of gameplay styles.

Something akin to Nier comes to mind.
>>
>>229450
i have no clue about the whole anime section of games, but rpg i do know.

First of all the legend of all RPG´s the godfather of PC games: Gothic. (19.99 euro @steam)

This is by far the best game you will ever play in terms of world atmosphere. it is an old game so you won´t have any problems finishing it this weekend. (maybe 10 hours per run)
(gothic 2 if u are a fast player (DO NOT play gothic 3, risen, arcainia or whatever. yes ofc these game are newer but the suck)

SUPRISE SUPRISE! The Witcher 3 (29.99 euro @steam)
Awesome graphics, Awesome Quests, Awesome fight engine, Awesome World, Awesome Story, Boring Characters.

Tales of Zestiria (49.99 euros @steam)
I don´t know how this game is, is on my wishlist thou

Kingdoms of Amalur (19.99 @steam)
Great Game, really heavy fantasy feeling thou
Great fight engine. more or less interesting (side) quests.
Feels like a singleplayer Version of WOW so expect a lot of grinding.

Sleeping Dogs (19.99 @steam)
Chinese Triade gang game... Feels like a movie where you have to fight yourself and drive and stuf.
Kinda GTA but with a great story and without Cheats and massive Fights vs Armys of Cops.

My personal Favourite is Gothic (gothic 2 is the better game but the it is the second part. you don´t have to play the first one to understand what is going on in the second part thou.

PS. I recommand you to try Total War Shogun 2. (29.99 vanilla + 29.99 Fal of the samurai (it is worth the money for this addon. it is like a second game))
it is a strategy game. You controll one of the Bigger Daimyo (plural) in his quest to conquer Japan and become the Shogun.
It is the best game of the Total War series.

I hope i was of some kind of help.
>>
>>229467
Gothic always piqued my interest. it's only $2.50 on GOG. You mean the first right?

Witcher is great, and shut your fat mouth about the characters being bad.

That would be my first Tales of game. I don't know if that's the best place to start.

Kingdoms of Amalur is kinda bad in my opinion.

Sleeping Dogs was amazing. Picked it up from Gold a couple years ago. It was a perfect weekend romp in every way.

And I'm not really into RTS games. I tend to have my PC plugged into my bedroom TV so M+KB games are a bit of a no go.

Thanks for the recs. Definitely nocked my noggin. I'll probably go with Gothic if it has gamepad support.
>>
>>229470
> shut your fat mouth about the char...

Do u speak Polish or German? if yes, buy the books and read them... And then tell me that the chars the in game are just plain boring and without any emotions
>>
>>229474
don´t read the english version of the books thou.. really bad translation.
>>
>>229470
zesteria is not the best tales game to jump into. Personally, i believe the first tales game for snes, or its remake on PS1 is the best entry point, big surprise, i know.

That is, tales of phantasia is a pretty good game. Characters are kinda flat, but the world, the story, the music, and for 16bit the fights are all grrrreat.

For 3DS a great time sink game is Rune factory 3/4 . They are harvest moon/farming games with some light dating sim elements, but that isnt why they are fun. These games rock because there is a ton of stuff to do, and a very deep, albeit weird crafting mechanic. Farm, do a ton of side quests, cook, go dungeon crawling, raise monsters, ride monsters, do boss fights. There is just so much. Very comfy too

finally, I know you said you did all the obvious exclusives, but maybe Catherine for ps3? completely weird and very different and certainly not everyones cup of tea, but if you wanted unique.... plus its not crap. Just strange.
>>
>>229450
Etrian Odyssey
>>
>>229470
Gothic 1 and 2 are both amazing. But they are old and therefore the controls will need getting used to, especially the first game. Well worth it though.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.