[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

repost from >>>/a/ but this is a crucial thing I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1473529318896.jpg (238KB, 832x468px) Image search: [Google]
1473529318896.jpg
238KB, 832x468px
repost from >>>/a/ but this is a crucial thing

I'm a lover of film and animation, but for the longest time I've been ignoring perhaps one of the most influential aspects of popular culture and possibly the largest producer of more adult oriented animation out there; anime.

I'm pretty much a normie when it comes to anime and I can't manage to pick out the gabrage from the good stuff with anime, so I need a little bit of help. What is the best this medium has to offer? I would really appreciate movies being listed here.

I've seen Cowboy Bebop, Eva, Kaiba and a bit of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. In terms of movies I've pretty much seen the entire Ghibli and Satoshi Kon catalogs, Akira and Ghost in the Shell.

on my list of TV shows I plan to watch I have
Lupin III
Madoka Magica
Death Note
Psycho Pass
Erased
Michko and Hatchin
One Punch Man
Kino's Journey
Parasite
Ergo Proxy
Serial Experiments
Bersek
Baccano
Mob Psycho 100
>>
>obligatory anime is a medium
>lots of different anime

Just start watching stuff, if it looks or sound interesting just watch it.
You've already got some "classics" in your PTW, and that you've seen already.
If you want to add more, just find the people or studios involved and look at the other stuff they've done.
You're tastes will develop sooner or later [spoiler]into shit[/spoiler]

Also, add Katanagatri if your using that image.
>>
>>228217
So you want me to vet your list?
>Lupin III
Great show, dub is nice too.
>Madoka Magica
Overrated but still good. Recommend going in blind.
>Death Note
Was a meme show back in its day, still a decent thriller. Worth a watch.
>Psycho Pass
Meh. If you find you like Urobucchi's style then you might get into it. I'd give it a pass personally.
>Erased
Flavor of the month show whose fame is already gone. Still pretty good, just not "the best of the medium" good. Also keep in mind not all torrents/streams use the English name, so search with the Japanese one.
>Michko and Hatchin
Solid.
>One Punch Man
Lots of hype about this show, but depending how much you like superheroes it could live up to it.
>Kino's Journey
One of my all time favorite anime. Cannot recommend it enough.
>Parasite
*Parasyte. Good show, a lot more emotional than you'd expect.
>Ergo Proxy
Pretentious. I'd say don't bother but in its own way it will provide a valuable experience. Sort it to low priority.
>Serial Experiments
Lain. Serial Experiments Lain. Don't leave off her name from the title, she's the main character. Top tier show.
>Bersek
Read the manga. If you have to watch it then watch the 1997 anime and nothing else.
>Baccano
Solid.
>Mob Psycho 100
Similar to Erased, it's a flavor of the month show added because of seasonal hype. I really like Mob Psycho 100, both the anime and the manga, but it's not anywhere near the top of the "must watch" list.

I've noticed your list is severely lacking in comedies. Remedy that with:
Cromartie High
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Ghost Stories (dub only)
And maybe Nichijou

For general "must watch" recs see:
Trigun
YuYu Hakusho
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Gunbuster & Diebuster
FLCL
Azumanga Daioh
Samurai Champloo
>>
>>228217
>for the longest time I've been ignoring perhaps one of the most influential aspects of popular culture and possibly the largest producer of more adult oriented animation out there; anime.
You use a colon, not a semicolon.

Using fancy punctuation wrong makes you look stupider, not cleverer.
>>
Mushishi
Ping Pong
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
Redline
>>
>>228217
Clannad
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.