[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good cartoons (western, anime, I don't care

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 960.jpg (66KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
66KB, 960x540px
What are some good cartoons (western, anime, I don't care where it's from) that are similar to Rick and Morty or BoJack Horseman?

In particular, I want an adult-oriented show with absurd humor, but that also deals with real, human issues like insecurity, regret, forgiveness, and so on.
>>
>>226167
daria
south park
ugly americans
>>
>>226180
Thanks! I've watched South Park, but not the other two.
>>
>>226167
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
>>
Steven Universe
>>
>>226167
I was wondering that myself. I think it's being able to relate to alcoholics that creates much of the appeal.
>>
>>226180
>>226184
Daria is not absurd but very human
Mision Hill will fall into the same category

The absurd but human genre is still too new
>>
>>226167
Humanity Has Declined reminds me of Ricky and Morty.
>>
File: Duckman.jpg (70KB, 589x442px) Image search: [Google]
Duckman.jpg
70KB, 589x442px
>>226167
Duckman. Some of Jason Alexander's best work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blppKS-nz9g
>>
>>226195
I'll Google it. Thanks.
>>226207
Already watching it. I guess I didn't think of it because it doesn't have the very dark, cynical bent of the shows I mentioned originally. But it does have oddball humor and raw emotion, true enough.
>>226642
I'll check them out regardless. Thank you.
>>226768
Sweet. I'll give it a shot.
>>226829
Nice! I'd seen art of it but never knew what it was.
>>
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt

watch the dub.
>>
>>227165
>watch the dub
That's interesting advice for watching an anime. What's the story?
>>
>>227172
two sisters are fallen angels who kill demons to try to get back into heaven.
they fight raunchy villains using their clothes as weapons. Panty uses her panties which turn into a gun, Stocking uses one of her stockings which turns into swords.

Lots of dick jokes, lots of swearing. The subbed version is typically too fast for english speakers to really absorb, which is why it turned me off when it was airing. The dub is really good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z4s0mMD5xQ
>>
>>227179
You make it sound like the average anime viewer is a little bit too slow at reading.
>>
>>227283
Are you implying anime fans aren't slow in the minds?
>>
>>227287
I was calling him slow and trying to be subtle about it, but thanks for pointing out the obvious.
>>
>>227283
If it isn't words on a page I know I am, takes me a few sentences to "spool up" if that makes sense.

So far I'm finding the dub much easier to understand than the sub. Only got through 1 episode of the sub and sitting at 3 in the dub.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.