[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /wsr/, Im having some problems with my laptop and I was wondering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: jrqLPWM.png (27KB, 649x593px) Image search: [Google]
jrqLPWM.png
27KB, 649x593px
Hey /wsr/, Im having some problems with my laptop and I was wondering if someone could help me out.
Suddenly my laptop has been randomly crashing and I noticed that my disk usage spikes to a 100% and then its when it crashes, it happens for no reason even when I just turn on the laptop I dont even open my browser or anything.

Pic related, something like that happens.
>>
os is trying to reread bad/corrupted spots over and over on the drive and that makes everything hang. looks like it is in areas where system files are located. time to back up and replace the drive.
>>
>>225264
1. What do you mean by crashing? Blue screen? Power cuts out? What happens exactly?

2. Does it happen consistently? Or, does it seem to happen randomly? How often does it happen?

3. On the tab to the left "Processes" you should be able to catch what process is using all the disk I/O by clicking the "Disk" column and sorting by highest usage.
>>
Literally bait.

No way OP would be able to screenshot a "random" crash the MOMENt it happens.
>>
>>225271
1. The power cuts out and reboots.
2. It happens randomly, yesterday it happened once in the day and today happened 3 times in like an hour, I wasnt having any problem in the morning and just now it started again and right now its fine.
3. Everything looks normal the process with the highest usage is my antivirus and it looks normal.

>>225270
Really? I bought it like a month ago you really think thats the problem?
>>
>>225273
Thats not my laptop thats why I said something like that happens.
>>
>>225277

>Thats not my laptop

OP said "my laptop" literally two times.
>>
>>225273
I think he googled "High disk usage" and posted. He said something 'like' that happens.

>>225275
Open up event viewer and go the system tab, anything interesting around the times the computer crashed? Screenshot if you find something.
>>
>>225279
The picture its not from my laptop... thats what I meant.
>>
>>225280
I found the error when its crashed, does this help?
(sorry my system is in spanish but I guess the error message is the important part?)
>>
>>225286
Hey, a bugcheck (The windows name for a BSOD). That's good news. It means windows is at least somewhat reporting what's going on.

Let's try to do this without you sending me any files. Go ahead and download http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

Then browse to your minidump at C:\windows\minidump and load that file. Go ahead and tell me what it says.
>>
>>225290
Sorry I dont know how to see the blue screen like in the page.
>>
>>225290
nvm here it is.
>>
>>225299

Can you select the "Show all drivers in the stack" view option? then go ahead and take big screenshot of that.
>>
>>225301
Mmh you mean this?
>>
>>225308
Is this an enterprise laptop? Mcupdate (McAfee VSE) stands out.
>>
>>225320
Mmmh no its not, yeah I think the cause is McAfee it sometimes goes up to 80~90% and McAfee is always at the top, idk ill try using another antivirus or something, at least it hasnt crashed again.
>>
>>225326
Virus scan enterprise really relies on being connected to a whole host of devices rather then being stand-alone. I'd uninstall everything McAfee related then grab a different AV. Bitdeffender and AVG are solid choices.
>>
>>225327
Yeah ill do that and see how it goes.

Thank you for all the help.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.