[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for some advice on buying a new TV for my Wii. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: vg.consoles.01.lg.jpg (12KB, 440x330px) Image search: [Google]
vg.consoles.01.lg.jpg
12KB, 440x330px
Looking for some advice on buying a new TV for my Wii.

I'm looking for the best picture possible with the least possible input lag, I've tried looking myself, but it seems like the answers vary way too much for me to find a concrete answer.

I appreciate the help in advance.
>>
The wii can only output 480i and 480p at max. A standard CRT will be your best bet for minimal input lag though most only output up 480i. 480p CRT's do exist but they are extremely difficult to come by and you end up paying a pretty penny for them. Also keep in mind CRT's are bulky and consume more power then flat screens, as well as having smaller screen real estate.

Best outcome:
480p CRT and component cables (Sony D32E1WU for widescreen or a NEC XM29 for 4:3) This provides top quality picture and minimal input lag.

Average Joe solution:
Any CRT you have lying around with the standard red, yellow, white connections. This still provides minimal lag but at a cost of only playing in 480i.

The "I want a big screen but don't want lag bringing me down" method:
Without bogging you down with the details you're going to need a quality video upscaler (search xRGBmini), some component cables for the wii, an hdmi cord, a decent flat panel display. Use the upscaler to bring the wii's 480p image to 1080p and send it to the flat panel. Doing so will keep the input lag at low amount (around 1-2 frames) while keeping the benefits of having a kickass 60+ inch display.

Of the three above options, only one is cheap and easy to obtain (not hard to figure out). Sure most people will tell you to plug it into any TV you got, quit whining and call it a day but the information I provided is the best way to get what you are looking for.
>>
>>222106

Not OP, but thanks. This was informative.

~500 USD for 'Framemeister'

~300 USD for one of those decent CRT's

Items found on ebay.

Is this the gear that the top speedrunners use, if they don't have console?
>>
>>222106
also to note, there are some Sony CRT's with HDMI ports in the back, these will lag and are big AF so steer away from them cause they have none of the benefits of a CRT with all the downsides
>>
>>222106
>most people will tell you to plug it into any TV you got, quit whining and call it a day
I imagine that would be because every TV made in the 2-3 years between bluray and HD DVB was a big-ass CRT or plasma with component inputs and no HDMI port.

Why d'you think the Wii has the capabilities it has?
>>
>>222177

300USD!? I just looked and didn't see any listings for that price for either model. These were high quality production CRT's for like broadcast stations and weren't normally available to consumers. A XM29 plus edition sold for a little over 1000usd a few months back in Dallas I think. As for the D32E1WU, I haven't seen one go for under 1000usd in years. Shame too as many "retro gamers" have found out about these quality CRT'S and caused the price on these gems to rise.

Search Phonedork on youtube for some excellent reviews on these beasts and go to www.retrorgb.com for more information on getting the best possible video quality on older systems.

As for speed runners, im sure most of them use an average crt.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.