[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy fuck help me please. I've got a group presentation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: helpmeplease.png (62KB, 1201x680px) Image search: [Google]
helpmeplease.png
62KB, 1201x680px
Holy fuck help me please.
I've got a group presentation to give tomorrow on Atheism in the Media.
5 person group:
1 who never showed up ever.
2 hardcore christians
1 mute girl who can't speak out against them
1 me
How do I fix this? We have to be able to present for the whole class time (~50 minutes) and no one even started on our powerpoint until a few hours ago.
>>
I'm supposed to write a 20 page paper with these people as well bear in mind.
The due date on that appears to be flexible but there's no way I can work with these people
>>
you have no choice. take the fail and never take a class like that again.
>>
Divide the work up into 5 equal parts. Email all group meeting dates/times/requests/ instructions to the fag that never shows. Leave his section blank. Give the Christians parts that they can talk about objectively, like typically news anchors do not mention deities at all. You can expand that alone into 5 pages on what it used to be like and what it's like now. The other can do something like many news outlets speak about aithiesm in this respect. Never forcing her to have an opinion on it, just reporting facts. You have fun with the rest, this should get you started. Oh, and if lazy MC dipshit doesn't do the work, at his part of the presentation have a blank slide with his name on it, and say Mr dipshit, this is your section. If he's not there, say this was mcdipshits section and he was unable to complete it. At this point hand copies of all emails to his student account to the teacher, and continue.
>>
>>221311
>50 minutes
that seems ridiculous

>20 page paper
overkill

and this crap is why I preferred to work alone, the hell with group work
>>
Do you get a collective grade or will you be graded based on individual contributions?

If the latter - yeah, fuck 'em.
If the former - welcome to the real world. You've just learned to never ever rely on other people you don't trust. The way you describe your contributors the current situation is an expected outcome you saw coming from a mile away. You should have had their work done three days ago. Then if they turn out to be at least participating you support their efforts. But if they're complete free-loaders and/or assholes about it you kick them out of the group and submit your work instead of their part.

This is a classic group composition. One work-horse who cares. Two followers. One side-liner (who may or may not turn out to be a diligent work-horse when it comes to the paper). One free-loader.
Welcome to the world of the work horse. Either you carry them or you fall apart. But if the free-loader doesn't at least attempt to carry his weight - no mercy! I've kicked people out of groups on due-dates before and made them fail the class. Fuck 'em!
>>
>>221390
this is so fucking accurate.
>>
OP, you aren't gonna have time to reel off FIFTY FUCKING MINUTES of info if you haven't even started. to some extent you can blame the group and perhaps your lecturer will be understanding. if you have 2 christians and 1 guy who doesn't show, and you're presenting on atheism, you might be let off with slightly lower quality than expected.

however, i am sure that most of this i self inflicted. if this was a poblem, why didn't you resolve it earlier? you should have asked the lecturer to let you change groups, used the lecturer or some other authority as an intermediary in order to allow you to get through to the dumb christian brains in order to write something cohesive, or similar. i assume a 50 minute presentation would require a hell of a lot of time to prepare, so you must have had this time. if you wanted advice that would have made much difference you should have asked some time other than literally the night before. sorry, i know this kind of shit is an absolute bastard to hear, but i'm just being honest.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.