[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My GF says she wants to watch anime with me to try to understand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

My GF says she wants to watch anime with me to try to understand what it is I like, or why I like it. What'd be something good to start her out with?

Should I throw her head first into insanity with something like Lain? Or something more normie and funny like Haganai?
>>
Neither

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Piece

there's a reason we call them 'entry level'
>>
File: Wat8.jpg (38KB, 604x404px) Image search: [Google]
Wat8.jpg
38KB, 604x404px
>>219723
>Haganai
>Normie
>>
Show her something like Kaiji or Psycho-Pass
>>
>>219723

>Haganai

Yeah nice way to get dumped fag. Just show her the most boring educative anime with no fan service that you can find, show her plenty of that one until she gets bored and drops the topic forever. Then never speak about anime again.
>>
>>219723
Just watch something cute like K-On, girls love that jazz
>>
>>219723
Start with Ghibli anon. this isn't even a question.
>>
Show her something still in her comfort zone first. What does she like? Anime has a ton of genres to pick from.
>>
>>219773
Seconded
>>
>>219723
it depends of her age and interests but maybe something artistic/romantic like genius party or 5 cm per second
>>
>>219723
Why the fuck would you choose Haganai?

She'd probably enjoy Magi, you could show her one of the good episodes of Space Dandy, I think she'll enjoy any movie by Hosoda, Kokkuri-san might appeal to her? Or you can just jump in with Kiseijuu or Attack on Titan.

Hell I say show her something you enjoy first, explain why it does what it does well and then show her something you hate and then explain why it's shit.
>>
Pick something entry level that represents your general tastes. Don't go into the deep end and show her grimdark and harem shit, those are for enlightened ones only.

Ghibli, or maybe one of the more popular Bones shows.
Certain kyoani shows can work as well.
>>
Ghibli or Bebop you fucking nerd
>>
A shojou show, Ore Monogatari perhaps.
But then she'll need to watch oreimo before and bake after.
>>
>>219932
>show her something you enjoy first, explain why it does what it does well and then show her something you hate and then explain why it's shit.
I would do this, OP
>>
>>219777
>>219866
She watches a lot of horror movies but I don't know of any horror anime in existence. Let alone good ones. She also likes romance movies. Her favorite series is The Hunger Games.[spoiler]She has really shit taste in just about everything.[/spoiler]

Maybe Toradora?
>>
>>220117
>horror
as in just gore or zombies and such?
anyway, you might either try Higurashi, or start with something that's 'mainstream' like K-ON, Clannad, AoT or something similar, they're mainstream for a reason.
I wouldn't recommend One Peace, Bleach, Naruto etc. as they are too long and (imho) have a different feeling to them, because they are so common.
if not that, just watch something you liked and you think fits her best.
>>
Death note. Literrally anyone can watch it. I showed it to my normie parents a year ago and they loved it.
>>
>>220117

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress
attack on titan
>>
>>219773

Thirded

Ghibli is safe, she's not going to discover your perversions if you show her Ghibli.
>>
>>220149
> start with something that's 'mainstream' like K-ON, Clannad
K-On is the classical CGDCT, but I'm not sure it would fit the tastes of someone who likes romance.
Clannad is slow as fuck to start with, and not the best romance imo due to the different routes, it's just like a harem. And harem is rarely intended to female audience except when there's a lot of comedy, in which Clannad is not the best

If OP is planning to watch something short, go for a ghibli movie. If you have her interest, then continue with FMA (B)

And a last thing, don't even try horror anime, it's the quickest way to cut short any interest in anime.
>>
>>220611
>K-On is the classical CGDCT, but I'm not sure it would fit the tastes of someone who likes romance
Lovely Complex.

It's a comedy-romance, without the usual trappings of a shitty harem.
>>
>>220645
Also you can tell how a series will go down with girls by how much shitty tumblr fanart there is on google images.

This one passes with flying colours.
>>
>>219723
Why dont you just

this is going to blow your mind

Why dont you just

youre gonna love this

watch something

ok here it comes

you enjoyed
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.