[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hay. I recently bought this motherboard - Asus H81M-K. On

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled.png (3MB, 1497x1197px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
3MB, 1497x1197px
Hay.

I recently bought this motherboard - Asus H81M-K.

On the package there is an inprint saying (Windows 10 Ready. Drivers/ASUS utlities for OS upgrade)

What does it mean? Am I going to have Windows 10? I am assambling a new computer.
>>
So, it means that you can run Windows 10 on it? FFS, where do I get cheap, legit, retail Windows on a USB?
>>
Can I install Linux Ubuntu and use this motherboard? I am going to have a 1TB HDD. Should I split it up in two pieces or something, if I choose to go with Linux Ubuntu?

I want to use Linux Ubuntu for it offers free software Downloads. I am planing to make tutorial vides.
>>
>>218854
You need to purchase Windows or get it from alternative sources (trf old computer license etc)
>>
File: virtualbox-main[1].png (231KB, 1053x818px) Image search: [Google]
virtualbox-main[1].png
231KB, 1053x818px
>>218854
It's a PC.

you can run whatever you like on it.

You could run DOS, CP/M or Android if you wanted to.

>>218860
>Should I split it up in two pieces or something, if I choose to go with Linux Ubuntu?
No, install one on the whole entire disk, and use VirtualBox to run the other inside it.
>>
>>218861
Thank you.
>>
>>218863
Thank you
>>
>>218861
>trf old computer license
Unless the license didn't come with the computer and the Windows was bought from a shop, this isn't actually legal.

So you might as well pirate it.
>>
What are the risks of using pirated Windows OS?

Can it be modified to use PC resources for data mining?
Can it be modified to access the users data?
>>
>>218894
Lol, Windows doesn't need to be modified to access user data. A lot pf people have stuck with Windows 7 because of Microsoft's spying in Windows 10 even though there are a few apps that help disable/deactivate the info gathering parts of it.

Obviously the risk of using pirated software is that it could have been tampered with but as long as you get it from a reliable source it should be fine.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.