[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, so I'm tearing my fucking hair out with this issue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: msi_gs73vr_stealth_photo_003.png (229KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
msi_gs73vr_stealth_photo_003.png
229KB, 500x500px
Alright, so I'm tearing my fucking hair out with this issue and the local computer techs can't help, so idk what to do.

I recently bought an MSI GS73VR, and while it's a pretty sweet laptop, it has a host of issues with Windows 10 that I can't fix and cannot live with. I'd like to try downgrading to Windows 7(I've done downgrades before) but I can't even get the damn thing to boot from my Windows 7 install USB.

The USB drive in question is already a UEFI formatted Windows 7 install drive, and it starts the install process with no issues on a different laptop. Only the MSI computer seems to be having a problem.

I've already tried booting directly to the USB from Win10 advanced settings, and I've changed the boot order in the BIOS. I can see the laptop trying to boot off the USB but for some reason it fails, restarts, and just boots into Windows 10.

Is there anything I can do to make this work, or am I shit outta luck? If downgrading doesn't work, my next option is to shell out $4,000 for a mobile workstation, and I'm rather fond of the GS73VR.

Any help would be much appreciated!
>>
What's this thread... bost posting central.
so here's what Woogle spits out:

FOR
GTX 1060 runs great at native resolution
1080p 120Hz display is smooth like butter
Nicely balanced set of components
AGAINST
More expensive and slightly slower than GTX 1060 desktop
No G-Sync display option
Bit of a fingerprint magnet...

dude you shud of got a Xbox
>>
>>217267
Unfortunately, it's difficult to DJ off an Xbox.
>>
>>217269
well get a computer
>>
>>217270
I reiterate Windows 10 sucks as obviously your dj software was 7 based grab I legitimate disk, tost your hard drive instal Windows 7
>>
>>217278
tost = wipe alternatively and more sensible buy a compatible blank, exchange it with your existing hd, then boot up with what ever... usb or disk you have, as then with out your preinstalled Windows 10 theirs no conflict over newer drivers..and you now operate in 7.
>>
>>217285
I had to switch my BIOS to Legacy to make it work.
>>
>>217305
>switch my BIOS to Legacy

1: Completely shut down your computer.

2: Power on the system. ...

3: Use the right arrow key to select Boot.

4: With Boot Mode highlighted, press Enter, and then use the down arrow to select Legacy BIOS.

5: Press Enter.

6: Press F10, and select Yes to save the change and exit the BIOS.

care and share that's why were here ::^)
>>
....meanwhile everybody' else is frapping to F6 or F9 buttons
>>
>>217261
Windows 7 isn't signed, so you need to disable Secure Boot.

I've never got Windows 7 to actually boot off USB using EFI; I had to burn it onto a DVD.

>>217313
>>217305
>using legacy on a >2013 computer
Not even once. GPT is the future, and there's no need to pave the disk just to try an OS.

Once OP discovers how 7 supports his hardware, he'll be sad he wiped his recovery partition.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.