[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, just a question and was hoping someone could help.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 372.png (57KB, 372x372px) Image search: [Google]
372.png
57KB, 372x372px
Hey guys, just a question and was hoping someone could help. I live in a five apartment complex, small place, but every one of them has a wifi router. I myself have some cheap one from walmart, a Belkin N600+. The problem that I'm having, is that the laptops I have will not connect to the 2.4ghz signal. If they do, the moment you try to get on the net, it disconnects.
I have been through numerous chats with the ISP as well as the manufacturer, and they keep pointing fingers at each other and not really helping. The 5 ghz band works fine. Is the 2.4ghz band just too crowded to use in the complex?

TL;DR wifi troubles, halp.
>>
>>215145
try changing the channel in the wifi settings
>>
>>215161
I've tried channels 1, 6, and 11. None of those seem to affect the connectivity.
>>
>>215162
try all of them
also have you tried connecting your laptops with an ethernet cable if it really works?
>>
>>215164
I've tried all channels as well, but was advised not to leave it on any channel but 1, 6, or 11. The internet actually works, I've had to hook the ethernet to my laptop during a previous manufacturer call to make sure it wasn't the ISP, as well as to edit router settings.
>>
File: image.jpg (86KB, 991x390px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86KB, 991x390px
>>215164
That is all of them.

Are you perhaps in over your head?
>>
>>215193
I didn't know about this lol but it's always worth a shot since all of them could use those specific cahnnels
>>
>>215193
Probably, but I'm not keen on paying the ISP for one of their routers so they can squeeze me for more cash.
>>
>Is the 2.4ghz band just too crowded to use in the complex?

More than likely, since nearly every device including stupid IoT devices are connected to the 2ghz band.

If you have Tomato installed on your router, you could scan the channels and switch to the least populated one and/or boost your signal output
>>
>>215229
Probably a stupid question, how does one go about installing the aforementioned program?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.