[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got this shit computer from my dad about a year ago. It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5973.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5973.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I got this shit computer from my dad about a year ago. It's a touch screen computer with no tower, all the power in it is on the back. I don't know how this happened. I don't know much about computers, but can anyone help?
>>
When booting up, there should be a shortcut display that lets you know what key to press to go into the boot menu. I think it's F12 by default.

Go to the Boot tab, set your hard drive as the primary boot device, then CD, USB, and finally Network. F10 to save changes.
>>
>>214303
>>214292
If you see "reboot and select proper boot device", that means it's tried all of them, and none of them are bootable. This means you have three possible scenarios:

- someone changed the boot device list in the BIOS to sabotage the PC
- the BIOS changed the boot device list to sabotage itself
- the hard disk failed and isn't bootable anymore

Which of these sounds more likely to you?
>>
>>214465
I guess the hard disk failed and isn't bootable anymore, I'm the only one who uses my computer.
>>
>>214292

>I got this shit computer from my dad about a year ago

You ungrateful little shit.
>>
>>214624
It's an all in one computer, he bought like 10 of them and gave them out for Christmas last year because he got them cheap.
>>
>>214292
try going into the BIOS and turning off secure boot, or turn it on if it's off
>>
>>214292
how can I legally acquire cheap w7, 8, 9 or 10 license? I have an old pc with a formated hdd. are the less legal options a serious threat to privacy?
>>
>>215325
>I have an old pc with a formated hdd
Then it'll already have a license, right?

Just install off an .iso you've checked against the MSDN sha1sums, then enter the product key off the sticker, and activate by phone if it gets arsey.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.