[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trying to build a gaming rig. But It's my first time and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: computer_pc_PNG7722.png (82KB, 500x305px) Image search: [Google]
computer_pc_PNG7722.png
82KB, 500x305px
Trying to build a gaming rig. But It's my first time and I have no Idea what I'm doing.

Where do I even start? I'm kind of PC ignorant.

My budget is around 1000$
>>
try 5k
>>
>>210159
Prefer Intel or AMD?
Need to buy keyboard, mouse, monitor and OS?
>>
>>210160
I don't need something top of the line, I just want something that runs current gen games just fine.
>>
>>210162
Intel probably. My budget can fluctuate.
>>
>>210164

How eager are you to build it?. Supposedly AMD is about to release their new CPU.

This can benefit you by maybe seeing how their new CPU compares to Intel's and also wait and see if Intel's prices drop. It might make the difference between building a better PC for the same money in a couple months.
>>
>>210166
I could wait a couple months or so. How soon will it be releasing?
>>
Im starting from scratch so I need just about everything.
>>
>>210159
My local computer shop sells combo motherboard/cpus at below market rates, so I started there. Pick out your cpu first, because you'll need to buy the motherboard with the right socket for that particular type.

Then you should probably pick out a graphics card. Depending on how much you sink into it you might need 2 slots for it, so it can influence the mobo you pick out.

Then add the motherboard. Be aware of some features you might want, like if you have a fancy ish keyboard it might use a PS/2 slot, which most don't have. And they will have different numbers of usb slots and such.

Then add some definite add-ons you want, like you need a PSU. 750W is good. Most computers like this will work on 500W unless you pile shit on. If you want a discrete network card you'd grab one here, or an aftermarket cooler like http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065 . And an optical drive, which you'll definitely want one of. And at least a hard drive.

After all that you should pick out a case. There are websites to help you pick out cases, and make sure that your motherboard fits in. Some people think your case choice is super important but it's basically not. as long as everything fits. if you're uncomfortable you can oversize and give yourself room to expand, like more drive slots.

when all that's done you can look at luxuries like SSDs. I kinda recommend, if you don't have the budget for an SSD, cut down just a bit and get at least a small one to install your OS on. It cuts your boot time by so much.
>>
>>210185
can't believe I forgot to mention RAM, be sure to budget that out. 8gig is must have, 16 is luxury
>>
>>210185
Awesome, super helpful. Whats a good OS? Is Windows 7 still the most reliable or is Windows 10 better?
>>
>>210185
>>210186
Disregard this OP, just some shitty kid that obviously have rather little knowledge about the subject.
>>
>>210190
How so? These are all very new terms to me so I'm kind of learning as I go.

You have any tips?
>>
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/XdMVBP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIF43-0mDk4
>>
My friend wants to sell me his computer, he said these are the specs.

AMG Phenom Mac 2 Processor
MSi 980 Militiary Class Motherboard
4 GB RAM
2 480 Twin Frozen Graphics Card.
500 GB Memory.

200$ is that a good deal?
>>
>>210207
decent enough but not that great, i'd say it's worth the price
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.